~34~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

Once Steve and I got to the compound, I noticed Nat, Bruce and Scott all looking excited.

"Did you figure it out?!" I asked, enthusiasm prominent in my tone, but they shook their heads.

"Congratulations!" Nat exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug.

Steve told them.

He's so cute.

"Thankyou." I smiled, and we all shared hugs while Steve locked eyes with me.

'I love you.' He mouthed, making me smile.

'And I love you.' I winked, and we walked inside the compound to figure out the Quantum Tunnel.

•••

Bruce was fiddling with the buttons on the panel, while Scott stood in his Ant Man suit in front of his van.

Nat, Steve and I stayed behind Bruce, and I took Steve's hand in mine, holding it gently.

He gave my hand a small squeeze, knowing I was nervous.

I'm sure he was too, though.

"Okay, here we go, time travel test number one." Bruce said, looking at Scott.

"Scott, fire up the- the van thing." He instructed, making Steve nod and open up the portal.

This is happening.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby." Scott said, making me let out a breath.

That's reassuring.

"Good, beause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose Tiny here in the nineteen fifties." Bruce chuckled nervously, and I gave him a bewildered look, along with the others.

"Excuse me?" Scott asked, sounding panicked, and I quickly shook my head.

"I'm sure he's joking around, Scott." I tried to reassure him, and Nat nodded in agreement.

"He's kidding."

I watched her turn to Bruce, looking slightly angry.

"You can't say things like that!" She whispered in a hushed tone, and Bruce shrugged.

"It was just a bad joke."

"You were kidding, right?" I asked, making him look worried.

"I have no idea, we're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." Bruce responded, turning to Scott.

"We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott." He said with a thumbs up, and Scott nodded.

"I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in ten seconds. Does that make sense?" Bruce asked, and I felt my chest tighten.