42

i win

i win

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ELENA, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?" Athena glared at the two people sitting before her, trying to reason with her. "Stefan is stuck in that tomb with Katherine, and you're sitting here trying to convince me to just let him stay there? Have you gone completely insane?"

"Stefan told me to focus on the moonstone," Bonnie sighed, shying away from Athena's anger. "I'm taking his lead on this."

"I don't care what Stefan said," Athena shakes her head, laughing humorlessly. "He's a self-sacrificing idiot with enough empathy for the both of us, of course he's not going to care about getting out of the tomb. That's why I'm here to do it, and make sure that it happens."

Damon runs his hands through his hair exasperatedly. "I want Stefan out of the tomb as much as you do, Athena, but if we want to have any chance at facing Klaus, we have to render the moonstone useless."

The goddess grits her teeth and clenches her fists at her side, letting out a tense sigh. "Where is the moonstone?"

"You're not getting it," Damon stands, and so does Bonnie, making Athena narrow her eyes at them. "Me, Bonnie, and little Gilbert are going to find a way to de-spell it, and then we'll focus on getting Stefan out of the tomb."

Athena follows them out of the living room towards the front door, her brows furrowing deeply. "What about me? And Elena?"

Bonnie and Damon share a look as they open the front door and step outside where Jeremy's already waiting for them. "Elena is going to stay here with you,"

Athena looks over her shoulder as Elena approaches from behind and she narrows her eyes before turning back to the two before her. She goes to step outside but is stopped by an invisible barrier that makes her eyes widen.

"You trapped me in here with Elena?" She looks between Damon and Bonnie's guilty faces. "Are you kidding me?"

"Neither of you can be trusted right now since the only thing you can actually agree on is killing Elena," Damon points at the two of them. "So for today, you're stuck here. I'll keep you updated on the moonstone, and try not to burn my house down."

Athena chuckles coldly, shaking her head. "You realize how bad of an idea this is, right? I'll kill her before Klaus even has a chance!"

"There's no use in arguing, I already tried," Elena's grumble comes from behind her as she slams the door shut on the trio, and Athena faces her with a glare.

"I didn't really ask you, did I?"

Elena sighs, rolling her eyes skyward as Athena bends slightly to slip her tall heels off. "If we're going to be trapped in this house together, can we at least try to get along?"