꧁29꧂

Leta tried to push herself along the rows of benches still lying down in an attempt to get away unnoticed. It was going well and she was getting closer to the exit when a fly landed on her face making her sit up and flailing her arms around and letting out a small shriek which brought the boys' attention to her.

She looked down at the pitch at the confused Remus, Sirius and James, putting on an awkward tight lipped smile before getting up and rushing away as fast as she could.

                                      ༒
The three boys' heads went straight up to see Leta who swung her arms around and squawked loudly. She then looked at the boy awkwardly and began running off. James tried to go after her but Remus put his arm out, shaking his head whilst Sirius looked around confused.

"What the- Oh a squirrel!" He shouted, running in the directions of the trees which had a tiny red squirrel on it. "How did he even-"

                                     ༒
On her walk back, she couldn't stop thinking about how awkward that was and how it will keep her up at night when she tries to sleep for years to come.

It then struck her, a brilliant idea. If she lived up to the wonderful nickname she had been given, 'sarcastic, bitchy Slytherin', then James would want nothing to do with her. She should just act like a massive bitch and make them all hate her as much as Sirius does.

She chose to not tell Regulus about this plan because she knew he would just talk her out of it and encourage her to ignore them but Leta knew she was dead set on this method.

                                ༒
It was the next day and the plan was commencing. Leta made sure she had little to no sleep that night so she was even more snappy then normal as well as waking up early to add to it.

She got up, looked in the mirror to brush her hair when she felt a cramp in her stomach. She held onto it as she looked into the mirror with an unimpressed look. "At least I know James's life will be hell when I'm near." She muttered as she made her way to her bedside table.

                                        ༒
She dragged herself into the Great Hall, her back slouched over like a hunchback. She knew she would be another version of Grindelwald if she didn't eat but she couldn't do that to herself so she sat down, piling a full English breakfast onto her silver plate. As she washed it down with a cup of tea she felt a tap on her shoulder.

She looked around with a scowl which softened when her eyes met a shy first year who's face went cheeks went pink and bit her bottom lip anxiously. "You-you dropped this-this." She stuttered, her hand shaking as she handed her wand to the girl. "Thank you." She said with a smile, taking her wand back which made the young girl raise her shoulder up to her cheeks with a tight lipped smile.

                                        ༒
Leta's lessons continued which only made her attention span shorter and tolerance down. "Miss Lestrange, would you like pay attention." McGonagall said with a cold stare as the girl's eyes floated around the room. "She probably can't, too many family problems to think about." A Gryffindor girl snickered which Leta heard.

With a flick of her wand, the Gryffindor has turned into a small white rat and with every movement of her wand, the rat moved. "Miss Lestrange, is that a student?" McGonagall asked in a concerned tone as she did she because she was facing the black board.

"Technically it's a rat." She replied, flinging the rat around the room which made all the Slytherins burst out laughing.

Leta ran out of the classroom as fast as she could with a wide grin, hearing the shouts of the girl after McGonagall flicked her wand to turn her back into a human.

"Miss Lestrange get back here!" She shouted at the girl as she followed the running Slytherin with the rest of the class behind her but Leta was too fast.

She was able to hide behind a pillar making them all run past her making the coast clear. She stepped out from behind the stone pillar and leaned on it, watching in satisfaction as the class ran away, getting smaller and smaller until they were dots.

She then chuckled to herself, her targets in sight. From her time with James, she had found out when they had free period and that hour was one of them. Together the four boys sat under a treat by the lake, James sitting in misery from Lily rejecting his proposal for a date.

                                        ༒
"Shit, trouble at 4 O'clock." James whispered to Sirius who held the Marauders map in his hands. The boy took one glance before saying, "Mischief Managed."

"What's this?" Leta asked, snatching the blank parchment from Sirius's hands and inspected it. "Give it back or I'll throw you in the lake for the mermaids." Sirius threatened, standing up and trying the grab the map which she moved just in time.

"Oh yeah?" She sneered at him, turning aroma to inspect the parchment some more. "It's okay Sirius, she cant get into it." Peter said to comfort the boy but it didn't work but instead made a light bulb switch on in Leta's brain.

To her surprise, she had never heard of this locked parchment before but she took the wand to the paper. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Writing appeared on the front page with the different nicknames the boys had for each other. The boys looked at her in shock, their jaws on the floor as she gave them a sly smile. "Huh. So this is what is so special to you," She spoke, opening the map and watching the names move around the castle, sneering at the fact the Professor was running the wrong way.

"How did you know?" Peter asked with wide eyes. Leta looked up at the boys will a smirk. "I guessed. I thought this because Sirius carves it into everything he can see." She replied which made the boys scowl at the dark haired boy.

"Give it back!" Sirius shouted, trying to get the map back but failing. For his last resort, he spat on her face.