Nightwing Remeets The Team (Even if They don't Realize it) Part 2

I am such a doucebag! I wrote a part 2 for this ages ago and never posted it! I only realized now, so here it is. Hope you enjoy it anyway 😅

It had been a long night, Barbara thought, as she arrived back at the Batcave after patrol.

Things had been easier when Dick was there, but he hadn’t been heard from in just over a year. True, they had had Jason to assist them, and Tim as well after Jason’s… incident, but to Batgirl, they just weren’t the same. She and Dick had had something special, something she’d lost after his and Bruce’s argument that had resulted in him quitting as Robin and storming out of the cave. He hadn’t been heard from since.

Needless to say, Babs was surprised to find someone new standing over the Batcomputer when she arrived back. Granted, she could only see the back of him as he was facing away from her, but she could tell that he was trained. Wearing a suit of black and blue Kevlar, he seemed to be about 5’10, but she couldn’t be sure as he was bent down slightly. It was only when he turned towards her that she recognized him.

Face devoid of mask, to Barbara, he was instantly recognizable. He had definitely changed in the year since she’d seen him, as she supposed she must have as well. He was taller by quite a few inches, having evidently hit a growth spurt, and his jawline had sharpened as well. There was a faint shadow of stubble across his chin, but his blue eyes still shone brightly from his face. In this person Barbara recognized her best friend, Dick Grayson.
“Babs!” he cried, embracing her in a tight hug, “It’s so good to see you!”
“Dick," she said, slightly surprised while she returned the gesture, “When did you get back?”
“This morning,” he replied, “Bruce tracked me down and we talked. Came back from Bludhaven afterwards.”
Bludhaven? You went to Bludhaven?”
“Yep.”
“I guess that’s why I couldn’t find you, didn’t think to look there.”
“It doesn’t matter,” Dick said, “I’m back now, but I’m sorry I didn’t keep in touch with you.”
“It’s alright,Dick,” Babs replied, pulling him into another hug (and grudgingly realized she had to lean upwards to do so), “I’m just glad that you’re okay”
Dick grinned at her, “You up for a movie night? Alfred’s baked cookies?”
“You bet, Boy Blunder.”

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 14, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Dick Grayson/Nightwing - One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें