"Let's try to find an empty table," I told Sky, who nodded with a smile.

Gosh... I really liked that smile...

Troy and I followed Sky in silence as we tried to find an empty table in the packed yard. Lucky for us, there were still a few tables empty in the back corner. The sun didn't quite reach that spot through the tall trees, but I preferred the peace and quiet.

Mainly because I wanted to hear Sky rambling on about animals.

I felt a little jolt of happiness inside me when Sky sat right next to me at the table. As we started eating, I could smell the light scent of his shampoo flowing around me, reminding me of the forest where we'd been looking for the owls. If I was completely honest with myself, I already missed that place, and not only because of how nice it had been spending time alone with Sky. I missed feeling like a kid, though I didn't miss the rat droppings. Or rats.

"Should we go see the owls again this weekend?" I asked Sky.

I probably should've waited for a bit.

His expression turned into extreme excitement in a split second, and he tried to speak with his mouth full. He started coughing violently, and only a second later, his face started turning red. It took me another second to realize he was choking!

"Sky?!" I yelled in fear and started hitting his back forcefully. It either was a false alarm or my attempts to clear his airways were working, since he only coughed a few more times and took a deep breath.

"Are you all right?" Troy asked with a worried frown.

"I'm fine... I'm fine," he croaked and turned to look at me, his eyes sparkling already. "Do you want to go Friday night? Or Saturday? Either way is fine with me," he spoke enthusiastically, completely ignoring the fact that he'd been choking on his food just a second ago.

He did look fine, but I was still too shaken to answer his question.

"You really need to be more careful. It's like you have a reaper following you around. If you're not walking in front of cars, you're choking on your food!"

"I'm fine, I'm fine..." he repeated with a tinier voice. "I wasn't actually choking."

"It sure looked like it," Troy said, and I nodded.

"I'm fine," Sky said, waving his hand. "So, weekend...?"

I stared at him for a moment, but then tried to relax. "Um... I'm fine with everything," I muttered.

"Great! Can we go on Friday already? Pretty please!" he pleaded.

How could I say no to him?

"Sure," I said and turned to look at Troy, who raised his eyebrow at me with a smirk.

I tilted my head in a questioning manner, but he looked away, chuckling by himself. Then I realized I was still holding my hand on Sky's back. On his lower back. I quickly removed it, wishing I wouldn't blush so easily.

"Hey, Sky," Troy said and looked at him. "Max and I were planning on playing video games at his place today. Do you want to join us?"

I frowned at him. We hadn't made such plans. We hardly even played video games!

"Can I?" Sky asked and turned to look at me, and those sparkly eyes of his put me down on my knees once again.

"Sure," I said with a stupid smile. "It'll be fun."

"I'm bad at it, though. I don't usually play any games," Sky said, his mood coming down a notch.

"That's OK. I'm sure Max would love to teach you," Troy said, stressing the word 'love' a little too much.