Chapter 17

I gasped and jolted awake as cold water was thrown onto my bruised body. I coughed and groaned as I tried to pull myself up on my rope bindings.

    "Get up slut! Matthew is here and he's not done with you. He was gonna come back in a few days, but something came up and he wants to finish today." Collin said, following Viper into my cell. I growled, snapping at him with my teeth. I was livid. I snarled like an animal and thrashed about. They threw another bucket of freezing water on me, making me whimper in defeat.  "That's what I thought. MATTHEW! She's ready!"

    Matthew entered the cell, making me cringe at his ugly face. What did I ever see in this man? This.. man child. He made his way over to me, a knife in hand. I tried to get away from him, but he gripped my chin with one hand, so tightly, I knew it would bruise quickly.

    "Be still or I'll gouge your eye out.  No one will want you when I'm done with you. Not even me." He snarled. With that, he pressed the blade deep Into my face, dragging across my face, ear to ear and across my nose, leaving a deep gash that would surely scar. He was right.... no one would want me.

    He continued his torture with various whips and beatings, leaving me nearly unconscious.  A few hours in and the sound of gunshots rang out above us in the warehouse. I tried to look up, and gave a grin, laughing sadistically.

    "Times up, Matthew..." i said before loosing consciousness, falling to the grip of the rope.

JONAH POV

    We didn't waste any time when we found the warehouse. It was dark, dank, musty. At first, we didn't see any other members of the serpents. We had made it about 40feet before what seemed like the whole club exited from a back room, having been in a club meeting. I snarled and opened fire, not caring who I hit.

    I shoved my way through the bodies and blood, shooting anyone who got in my way. That little spy Collin appeared from a set of downward stairs, and I throttled him, grabbing him by the throat and pinning him to the wall. I always knew something was off with him.

    "Where.. is... my .... mate." I snarled lowly, squeezing tighter on his neck. He was beginning to turn red, then blue, then purple as he pointed down the stairs. I threw his gasping body to the side and stomped down the steps. With Alpha behind me, we burst open every door we saw until the slime all Viper emerged, going wide eyed before running back into the room he was in, yelling to someone else. Alpha and I looked at each other and ran to where he had been. Inside, the sight made the Hellhound shove his way to the front, making his presence known.

    There was my beautiful mate, strung up like a lamb for slaughter. By the amount of blood and injuries, all I could see was death. My heart shattered right then, and I knew the Hellhound would never give up his position, forever looking for revenge. I drew my .45 and put a bullet straight through Vipers head. I turned to point my weapon at Matthew, but His confused look stopped me.

    "Why do you look so confused, boy. Don't you know who he is? That's the Hellhound you've threatened. Nothing can help you now." The Alpha explained while I shook in anger.

   "Of course I know who he is. But why is he HERE. This is MY fiancé  to do with as I please,  and punish as I see necessary." Matthew yelled angrily, while twisting Lily's broken body around.

    "Was. Was your fiance. But as of the last 5months, she's THIS guy's mate. The Hellhound specifically, for that matter." Alpha shrugged. "You're pretty much dead."

    Matthews eyes grew wide as he glanced back at Lily, before quickly reaching up and cutting her rope, letting her body hit the floor with a sickening smack. That just angered the Hellhound more and I snapped, shoving him to the floor and slamming my fists into his face until there was nothing left but a pile of mush and blood and bone fragments. The Alpha tried to pull me off, making the Hellhound spin around and snarl in his face. Alpha stood his ground, glancing at Lily. I slowly stood and walked over to her bruised body, pulling her to my chest and burying my face into her hair, a tear falling silently.

    "Jonah.. Jonah I've got a pulse. It's extremely weak, but it's there. We've got to go NOW." The alpha informed me, his hand on her wrist. I gathered her up, hauling tail up the stairs and to my bike. I sat her in front of me, sitting her backward with her face in my chest. I couldn't lose this girl.

We drove to the nearest hospital, Presbyterian, and we all ran inside. All 36 of us. The woman at the desk jumped back in surprise, a Yelp escaping her lips. I couldn't speak, as the Hellhound was still in control.

"You've got to help her. She's hurt bad." The alpha said quickly, pointing to Lily laying in my Arms. She quickly paged a team of nurses that came rushing out with gurney, trying to pull Lily away. The Hellhound didn't understand and snarled, snapping at them. "Hey hey hey!!! Jonah! Hellhound! You've got to let them take her back! You've got to!! "

"Mine! She's my mate. Mine." The Hellhound snarled back. She was mine and no one was going to ever hurt or touch her again. But I had to let her go. She needed help that I couldn't provide. I laid her down gently, kissing her forehead, avoiding any cuts or bruises. All I could do was wait.

Several hours went by with no word, and I was getting frustrated. They could at least update me. Finally a doctor came out, his gown covered in dark blood.

"I'm looking for the Family of Lily Hale? Family only." He said loudly.

"We all are. Maybe not biologically, but we're all shes got. I'm her father, and this is her mate... well...husband. He needs to see her. NOW." The Alpha said, pushing me forward.

The Doctor nodded and motioned for me to follow him to a back room. There was my girl. My mate laying on a bed, tubes sticking out all over, and all her cuts sewn up. I choked back a cry and held her hand tightly, leaning down to kiss her head

"Shes in a medically induced coma until her internal injuries heal. Give or take a week or son. We're moving her to a room, so anyone who wants to visit is welcome to." He said with a sad smile before exiting to give me a few minutes before the moved her.

Lily, I'll never leave you. I'll be right here when you wake up, I swear.

————————————————
There's 17! Not much longer guys!! We're nearing the end of our story!