Boundries

"Wake up," Jin huffed, hitting Namjoon not-so-gently with his pillow.

Namjoon groaned, cracking his eyes open to see that it was a quarter till 4 in the morning. Jin must be opening the bakery today. "Not now muffin." He grumbled, rolling over.

"Yes, now." Jin hissed and Namjoon's eyes shot open at the tone. Jin was pissed.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked, sitting up to face his lover's rage.

"I should be asking you that, what is this?" Jin held up the contract he was meant to deliver to Y/N this morning. Namjoon was hoping if he just left it out for Jin to deliver, he wouldn't read over it. He should have known better.

"It's Cinderella's contract." He answered simply.

That did not help his situation as Jin sent him a scathing glare.

"I see that, can you explain to me why it says she's our on-call doctor when we agreed that she can just pay off her loan by working at the bakery?" Jin asked.

Namjoon sighed, "She would never pay off her loan with the baker's salary."

"True, but she would three years from now with a doctor's salary."

The mob leader rubbed his face in his hands, exhausted. "Fritter, I don't understand why you're mad, this is a mutually beneficial exchange."

"You're putting her license in jeopardy before she even gets it! How is that beneficial, not to mention what you risk exposing her to, Namjoon she isn't one of us. She doesn't want to be!" Jin argued.

"Are you sure about that?" Namjoon asked, catching Jin off guard.

He took advantage of Jin's silence, "Jin, you and I have both been keeping an eye on her for a few months now. She is a smart and talented girl, has a good head on her shoulders. You don't notice the way she helps me when she sees me working a deal at the bakery. I've moved a third of my appointments from the office to the bakery because I'm not opposed to the advantage she gives. You don't notice the way she watches every single customer like a hawk, reads past their order and into their intent. She could be a major asset to us. And so what if she's exposed to our world, she's going to be a doctor, she's going to be exposed to a lot of terrible things in her lifetime and she knows it."

"Stop it," Seokjin snapped. "Stop making assumptions, stop projecting a future on people just because you see potential in them. Believe it or not Namjoon, not everyone is here to serve a higher purpose for you. I love you and I love your vision for BTS, our vision. But in the beginning, we said we would let people come willingly, and I'm so tired of you pushing those boundaries. Ella, Taehyung, it's all too much-"

"So this about Taehyung?' Namjoon said, catching Jin's slip of tongue.

"No, it's about the innocent woman you're dragging into gang affairs,"

Namjoon sighed, "How many times do I have to apologize? Every summer we watched the boy become a husk of himself, I was trying to help him face his fear and overcome-"

"I said no and you went behind my back!" Jin snapped his voice shaking with emotion. "You said he was a husk. You haven't seen a husk until you see what I saw the other night when Ella showed up at our doorstep with him. Namjoon, his eyes were empty, he wouldn't speak! It was the same as the day we got him out of that godforsaken place!" Jin cried, his voice hoarse.

Namjoon's lips sealed in a taut line.

He knew he overstepped his boundaries with Taehyung.

He wasn't anticipating for the boy to react so harshly to his visit to the Orchard, he thought sending him there as a spy, someone with an advantage or upper hand would be good for him. Make him feel more in control. He miscalculated.

And he hadn't apologized because, in theory, gang bosses don't apologize. To survive as a gang boss on the west side of Alcor he had to be the heartless monster everyone thought he was. An apology for such a thing would make him look weak. But if he was honest with himself, it was a failure that lay heavy on his heart.

Namjoon was too ashamed to even face the boy to apologize. He feared making Taehyung's stability worse by talking him, and instead hoped the boy could navigate his demons on his own. But Taehyung was part of the inner circle and he couldn't have any animosity or distrust in his inner circle; it left him and the others too vulnerable.

He needed to talk to the spy eventually.

"I'm sorry," Namjoon said quietly looking down at the bed, ashamed.

"Me too," Jin huffed, his voice humorless before grabbing the contract and making his way out of the room.

Lately, Namjoon couldn't seem to win. Every call or decision he's made for BTS has been too cold or extreme in his Third's opinion.

Was Namjoon coming on too strong, or was Jin becoming too soft?

He knew his Third wasn't raised with the harsh realities of the real world. Jin didn't understand what it meant to feel hungry or fear for his own life the way Namjoon had. But Seokjin didn't live a life of luxury or paradise on the East Side either. He wouldn't have been swayed to join BTS so quickly if he did.

No. Seokjin had faced the harsh and cold world of the rich.

The manipulation and exploitation that happened behind closed doors.

Jin learned at a young age from his family that money couldn't buy happiness or safety. And it was a lesson he worked to pass on to Namjoon and the others to keep them grounded and keep their ambition and greed from getting the best of them.

Namjoon laid back down with a sigh. He knew he wasn't going to fall back asleep any time soon, it was best he got up and headed to his study to get to work.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short, but I hope to post again sometime soon!!! What do you guys think of Namjoon and Jin's relationship?

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment!!!