38 ♪ Happiness

atsumu couldn't bare to listen to any of it any longer. he didn't want to interfere, so he walked away quietly from where you and kageyama were. too many thoughts were rushing in his mind that he didn't know what to do instead of just walking away and pretend like nothing ever happened.

he clenched his fist, lowering his head down. surely you wouldn't leave him, right? he thought. the setter walked back to his team where his twin noticed the gloomy presence he had when he came back. from there, osamu knew something else happened.

meanwhile, kageyama waited for your response. his eyes stared back at you, scanning your features looking for some sort of hope.

"your five minutes hasn't ended yet." you said, raising one of your brows.

"...what?"

"i gave you five minutes remember? but then again, you wouldn't really need it anyway." you placed one hand on his shoulder, and gave him a small smile. "i think you already know my answer tobio."

"but–"

"i forgive you for what you did back then, it's all in the past after all." you sighed. "and besides, i found my happiness. and i hope someday you would too."

kageyama didn't reply as you slowly slipped away from him once again, the feeling of regret never leaving him. was it okay to just leave it like this? did you actually forgive him or was it just an act?

"you... found your happiness?" he asked, stopping you from walking away.

you didn't turn to face him, but slowly nodded your head. "see you around tobio."

the boy watched as your figure disappear from the hallway. he lowered his head and closed his eyes, letting his back rest on the wall. "i've already found my happiness [Y/N], but i'm afraid she's already happy with someone else."

°

you had just arrived back home in hyogo. it was already late at night so you had to enter the house quietly since takeru was already asleep. you crept up to your room and let yourself rest on the comfort of your bed, feeling very exhausted.

you tried to look for atsumu after the talk you had with kageyama, but you were later informed that the team had already gone back to hyogo after the match. you texted atsumu, asking him how he was doing, but he hasn't even left you on read.

you and yuki decided to go home afterwards so now you were at your humble adobe a couple of hours later. you opened your phone again to see if atsumu replied, but he hasn't.

you frowned, feeling guilty that you couldn't do anything to help right now. you made the decision to go over to his house tomorrow since he wouldn't reply to your texts, until your doorbell rang.

you furrowed your brows, wondering who it could be at this hour. of course, you stayed alarm and went to peak out first to see who it was before opening the door. you saw the blonde hair sticking out of his hoodie and immediately knew who it was.

"atsumu? what are you doing here?" you opened the door for him. he enters, closing the door behind him.

"shouldn't you be resting right now? you just got back after all–" suddenly, the boy envelops you into a tight hug. his arms wrapped around you while he buried his face onto your neck.

"tsumu? did something happen?" you hugged him, rubbing circles on his back.

it took a minute for him to reply, but he finally had the courage to speak out what he came for. "don't leave me..."