44. Heartache & Uncovering the Truth

For you, I could pretend like I was happy when I was sad
I was strong when I was hurt
I wish love was perfect as love itself
I wish all my weaknesses
could be hidden
I grew a flower that can't be bloomed in a dream that can't come true

Two hours has passed but Yasmin still had not returned. Simon was a little puzzled. His heart is hurting so much that he couldn't understand why it's happening. He let go of his attitude, took out his phone and called Yasmin, but the phone was turned off. He hesitated for a moment and then called his sister, "Leah come to the hospital right now!"

Leah didn't know what happened. She rushed to the hospital and asked breathlessly, "Brother, why did you ask me to come here all of a sudden?"

"Yasmin went out two hours ago and hasn't come back yet. Please go look for her."

"That's it!" Leah rolled her eyes and said, "She was sick and lying on the bed, but you didn't care about her. Now that she hasn't come to see you for two hours, you're already panicking? I really don't understand why you're my brother. How can a straightforward person like me have a brother who cares about his dignity so much that he has to suffer like this? Ah! Brother!"

"Since I've asked you to go, you should go. Why're you saying so much nonsense?" Simon threw a pillow that was supporting his waist at her.

Leah was so angry that she groaned, "Fine! I'll go and find her! Why do you have to throw a pillow at me?"

After his sister left, Simon clutched his heart which was full of pain. He didn't understand why was he having so much pain. Why is his heart hurting like this? He was lost in his thoughts. After a while, he took out his phone and called Chiris, "Find out all the information about Yasmin and send it to me as soon as possible. I want every single detail about her."

***

Leah had been looking for Yasmin more than three hours, but she could not find her. Only then did Simon realised that there was something wrong. He immediately asked Chiris to send people to search through the whole city.

At dawn, Chiris returned to the hospital. "How is it going? Did you find her?" Simon asked urgently.

"According to the middle-aged man selling potatoes in the north of the city, your wife was abducted by a van.
At the time, she had just bought potatoes and ingredients for Baeckeofee and went back." Simon was surprised. How did she know that he love to eat Baeckeofee? Even his family members didn't know it. He was really surprised.

"As a result, the potatoes and ingredients were left on the ground after the people dragged her in the van."

"Van? What kind of van? Do you have any clue?"

"There is no clue yet. We have to wait for the law enforcement brigade to look at the license plate number from the surveillance video."

Simon's face was a little pale, and he violently lifted the blanket and quickly changed his clothes.

Chiris asked in surprise, "Si, what are you doing?"

"I'm going to look for her."

"No, you're still unwell. The doctor told you to take a good rest. I'll find your wife. Don't worry, just leave it to me."

"I'm fine." Simon insisted on leaving the hospital. Chiris saw that he was determined, so he had no choice but to let him do as he wished.

They drove to the traffic law enforcement office and looked at the surveillance video on the Sunrise Road in the north of the city soon found a white van with a car plate number of 7738. The people on the van had dragged Yasmin, who was even smiling happily on the van.