Chpt 9: Hidden Notes & Feelings

A/N-

AS YOU KEEP READING I would love suggestions and I would love to know what I could work on... I would LOVE to get this book to a Wattpad award or at least have a few people tell me that its good enough to keep me going? I mean well...okay I'm not good at this so how about we just keep writing? Sound good?

If anyone would want to make a cover for this book...I would like that...

-LifePassYouBy

________

CUPID'S POV-

~1 Week forward~

Anne had forgiven me. Well more or less we hadn't approached the subject, when I had stepped out of the door Monday she had given me a ride and linked her arm through mine walking into the school as we started buzzing about the next dance...

Senate. Or boys choice prom. I knew better than to think I was going but it was still fun to dream about.

It had been a week since I had talked to Brian besides a small "Hi" in the hall and I was starting to miss our Dunkin Donut dates....well not dates...why had I pushed him away? He was right. I shouldn't have shoved so hard... But it was just who I was...

So after another day of keeping myself together me and Anne found ourselves on my couch waiting for Netflix to load the notebook.....

I watched as Noah said that he would also be a bird if she was one as a knock rudely reminded me I didn't live in an alternate reality. I opened the door and a familiar set of eyes met mine as I closed the door and met him on the porch.

"Anne is in there and well..." I started.

"I get it...." He said. "But hey...I haven't heard anything from you not that I blame you....we said friends but I understand- well actually...." He said pausing taking his hand to rub the back of his neck. He was wearing a plain white t shirt and jeans that made me want to drool.

"I just Miss you." He sighed his eyes looking sadder as I stood there not being able to form a thought. "I know that sounds stupid." He laughed sadly.

I remained silent for a moment not knowing how to react to the situation with Anne just inside when he spoke up again.

"Tell me you've missed me too..." He said a sad chuckle escaping his lips.

"More than anything Brian...but it's my fault." I sighed my tone matching his.

It wasn't just sad...it was full of regret.....

"I've been keeping notes from you." I said pulling them out of my back pocket.

"Well I haven't really deserved to be updated." He said looking through them.

Sleep? You? Love doesn't sleep? -D

I'd watch my back -D

To bad your boyfriend doesn't like you anymore. I may use that to my advantage. -D

Boyfriend struggles? You know he doesn't love you. -D

"He's wrong you know..." Brian said quietly.

"Brian....Friends?" I asked although I really didn't know what I wanted.

"Yeah....Yeah sorry continue." He smiled as we went through death threats and various messages. As we huddled over the notes I felt his eyes on me and looked over as our lips were inches away from his as he leaned in when a car horn sounded from our driveway.

I panicked knowing Brian didn't know anything about my home situation and started babbling before I could stop.

"My dad. He knows about my powers, both my parents do.My mom helps me through everything as much as she can, but my dad hates me. He wanted a normal child...I'm never what he wanted....I don't matter to him. I spat out all at once. Brian stared at the car and grabbed my hand.

"You didn't have to tell me that." He said looking at me after waving at my parents. I met his warm reassuring eyes and smiled, actually genuially smiled.

"I wanted too." He kissed my cheek as Anne's footsteps came to a hault on the porch.

"You....You guys are together?" Anne squealed. "I got this random call saying to check the porch....this....this.... Cupid you said you guys were friends... Did you lie?" Anne said her tears falling down her face.

"Death..." I whispered for Brian to hear only. My parents arrived at the door step.

"You must be Anne." My mom smiled warmly. Anne's tears were quickly wiped away as she shook my moms hand.

"Hi it's so nice to meet you." She smiled not looking at me but throwing glances at Brian

"And the young man who was about to kiss my daughter?" My mother raised her eyebrows as Anne's eyes widened and jolted through with absolute betrayal.

Damn it mom.

"I'm Brian mam, it's so nice to meet you finally." Brian smiled smiling wide and shaking her hand.

"Mmhm well all of you come inside for dinner. I wont't accept no for an answer!" My mom smiled in a demanding tone.

"Yes Mam." Brian smiled.

"Thank you Mrs. Ferald." Anne smiled.

Well even though it was all going down hill at least we were going to be polite about it.

Anne's POV-

We were sitting in silence as we waited for Cupid's mom to cook as Brian finally spoke up in a hushed tone.

"Anne, me and Cupid are just friends..." He said in a hushed tone, his attractiveness distracting me from the task at hand.

"Oh yeah friends that kiss or?" I hissed back.

"Listen I was talking about my dad hating me and he held my hand to help me through it." Cupid spoke up.

"Cupid I don't even want to look at you. " I snapped looking at her hurt snapping through her eyes.

"Don't hate her.....Anne you can't control who you like." Brian sighed pain surging through my veins... I can't believe I fell for him and his act. The dance was so fun but I was an idiot to just disregard the way he kept suggesting him and Nate switch.

God why was love so blind? Tears slipped down my face and Brian got down on his knees and wiped away my tears.

"You have been my best friend for years Anne...I just don't see you that way." Brian sighed looking at me.

"If I could stop loving him-" Cupid started but I cut her off shock pushing through my system.

"You LOVE him?" I almost screamed as Brian looked over in shock as well.

"Anne, I was just saying-" she tried to retaliate.

"Answer the damn question." I snapped.

"Don't talk to her like that Anne, I know you're hurt but-" Brian started.

"You love her too don't you?" I screamed. I walked into the kitchen. His eyes looked down at the carpet before looking back at me.

"I am sorry Mrs. Ferald I have to leave." I smiled sadly.

"I already made you a doggy bag." She smiled kindly letting me go.

I don't care who made collateral damage. I wanted the only thing that made me feel better.

Revenge

I re-dialed the number that had called me as a sinister voice filtered through my ears.

"Hello Anne, how can I help you?" The mans voice trickled through the phone.

"If you want to hurt Cupid.... I'm in." I sighed.

"Perfect."