Chapter 11

That night was filled with cuddles and kisses. We never went any further than those heated kisses and roaming hands, even then we were both hesitant, almost like teenagers having their first kisses.

The next few days were spent laying around watching tv, playing board games, and trying out new recipes.... which usually ended in disastrous messes... and maybe a small fire. My stab wound was finally healed and I was FINALLY getting to go back to work today, but was only on evening shifts for awhile. I got dressed in a pair of black jeans and my uniform shirt with a pair of well-worn converses. I went with a neutral Smokey eye with a sharp wing  and natural lipstick, straightening my long hair after.  I checked my phone to once again see several texts and calls from Collin and an unknown number. I just rolled my eyes and deleted them. I didn't have anything to say to him.

Jonah was waiting by the door in his usual black bootcut jeans and boots with a black tshirt and his leather cut. Today though, he had a large .45cal handgun strapped to his side and his Bowie knife in the top of his boot. I must've had a confused look on my face because he pulled his tshirt down over his gun, not that guns bothered me. In fact, I owned several.

"Today's Saturday. You've never worked one. The bar is open to the public on saturdays and we get a lot of whores or whore-men. I'm not taking any chances. But it's also my job as the enforcer to do as I need to do. But you're my mate, and you're my first priority.....", Jonah explained cautiously.

"Ohhhhhhh. Gotcha. Well, I like when you get all over protective of me." I winked and kissed his cheek, right at the corner of his mouth teasing him. I earned a low growl before he grabbed my hair and dragged me up for a hard kiss, nipping at my bottom lip before pulling away and kissing my forehead. I was left breathless and in shock.... a good shock though. How was I supposed to focus on work now?

As we walked to work, Jonah threw an arm around my shoulders, holding me close as we passed a lot of locals headed to the bar as well. We got a lot of funny looks: this 6'8 monster of a man with a 5'1 doll. When we walked in, he kissed the top of my head and sent me to work while he took his usual seat in the dark corner , watching ever so closely. I moved behind the bar and tied my apron around my waist, and pushed my glasses up my nose. I really needed to get them tightened. I grabbed up my pen and notepad and took my first table, Taking notice that these were locals.

"Hey guys. What can I get you?" I said with a happy smile.

"A round of shots, the cheese fries, and your number", one of the men said. They definitely looked like Matthew's type: rich, snobby, rude. I kept a calm face, just shaking my head and returning the Order to the bar.

I handled several flirty patrons that night. They were all men that were trying to take me home or slipping me their numbers, which went straight to the trash. They were all the preppy type, like cars and golfing were the only things they cared about. Like they'd never held a gun in their life. Weak. I had a thing for older, manly men.

" Look dumbass, I know she works here. I've got eyes everywhere. I know she's in this town. WHERE IS SHE", I head a familiar voice from across the bar. I froze in my tracks, as I saw Matthew cornering Jake the bartender, inches from his face. I began to have a panic attack, something that hadn't happened in 4 months since I'd arrived here. My breathing was becoming labored and stressed; I was getting dizzy. Jake was trembling and pointed his finger right at me. Matthew just smirked and turned around to face. By now, the whole bar was watching.

    "Well well well..... there's my little whore. Where have you been? You left before we could talk properly. "Matthew said as he started towards me with a sinister glare.

    "I...I... you were gonna kill me...", I whispered. My voice was nearly gone, being paralyzed with fear. I started backing up.

    Matthew didn't get to say another word, as I backed into something hard. I looked up and giggled as Jonah slid an arm around my waist, pulling me back into his chest. I turned around in his arms, nuzzling my face into his chest and wrapping my arms around him. His hand immediately went to my hair, holding me there.

    "I think it's time for you to go. I'd hate to dismember you joint by joint... muscle by muscle... perhaps skin you alive just so that you are still living when I'm done...in fact, that sounds like my idea of great night", Jonah grinned evilly. The fact that his eyes had darkened that much told me that the Hellhound was in control. I'd never really seen him like this, not this intense at least.

    By now, Matthew looked as though he was going to piss himself; He quickly turned and left. Jonah pulled me to his table and held me for awhile until I got calmed down enough to return to work. I knew he would be on edge for awhile, after knowing who Matthew was and what he had done to me.

    By the end of the night, I was physically and emotionally exhausted. Jonah practically carried me home, sitting me down on the bed. I just flopped back and groaned. I was sore all over and just wanted sleep, but I needed a shower bad. I smelled and I was sure Jonah didn't want to cuddle stank ass.

    "I'm gonna go take a quick shower, then I'm gonna go to bed. Feel free to stay up and watch Tv or whatever, or come cuddle. Doesn't really matter to me.", I said with a wide yawn. I was so tired! Jonah nodded and kicked off his boots, and changing Into a pair of sweatpants and a tshirt. I jumped into the shower and washed off all the grime and sweat that had accumulated over the evening. When I got out, I dressed in a pair of shorts and one of Jonah's long sleeved shirts that read "HELLHOUND" on the back. He just chuckled at how big it was on me before instructing me to lay down on the bed on my stomach.

    I did as I was told and he straddled my legs, holding most of his weight off so as not to crush me. I laid my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. Jonah pushed my shirt up to my shoulders, making sure to keep my front covered out of solid respect. I heard the click of a lotion bottle, and braced myself for the cold, only to be surprised by how warm the liquid was. He must've warmed it up while I was showering. His large calloused hands ran along my back, massaging with different roughnesses, and patterns. Soon, I was snoring away, dreaming of the Hellhound as always. Eventually, I felt him wrap an arm around my waist and kiss my head. It had only been 4 months, but I was beginning to wonder.... could he really be my second chance at love? Or was this going too fast?

——————————————-
Sorry it's kinda late! My husband travels for work a lot and we go with him. Currently out of state in a motel and drove a lot today. So I've not really had time. I do most of my writing in the middle of the night when I'm up with my 1yr old (12-27-19 is her bday) . Also yesterday(1-10-21)  was my sons bday(1-10-18 is when he was born) , he turned 3!!!!