Part 3, Chapter 52

"I still don't see why I have to go for this appointment," Vyola crossed her arms against her chest as Patience pulled into the hospital parking lot. They had hit terrible traffic on the bridge but were finally back in Brooklyn, with just minutes to spare.

"Don't be such a baby," Patience said.

"It's so late, too. Who has office hours at 8:00 at night?"

"He does. He's one of the best, Vy. You're lucky to get in to see him."

"I'm fine, Patience. I wouldn't have left the hospital when I did if I wasn't. If he's so great, why didn't he come in to see me more quickly? You know, I don't even know his name, not that I care."

"He's a busy guy, Vy. And you weren't supposed to leave when you did. He never even got to see you awake."

"But it's ridiculous," Vyola said, "It's been weeks. I even got Kyle off my back. I couldn't be better."

"You did all that with some help," Patience reminded her.

"Granted," said Vyola, "but I'm fine."

"Listen to me," Patience said, "You think you're fine but we've got big plans. As soon as the doctor says your fine, you'll have me off your back, too, okay?"

"Fine," Vyola said begrudgingly.

"Besides," Patience said, smiling, "You're really gonna like this doctor."

"Doubtful. I haven't met any I like so far. Hey, what are you up to?"