Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Author's note: All right, guys! Thank you so much for leaving all those reviews, which brings me to the first order of business! I have noticed and am glad that I did, the problem of civilians. To be honest, I wanted to test that cliché to see what kind of response I would get. Otsutsuki no yami and The-Funeral-Pyre, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Rest assured, this chapter will see the end of the dratted council. Mobs have already passed and won't happen anymore. Also, Naruto is a seal master. It stands to reason he would seal his apartment. Onto the story!

Naruto woke up at his usual time of five o' clock, refreshed and recovered from yesterday's training. He got up from his bed, rubbing his eyes a bit. Walking to the bathroom, he finished his morning rituals and almost put on his regular running clothes, before remembering that he had a C-rank mission today.

He shook his head and just put on a lower and shoes. He opened the door to his balcony and breathed the fresh, cool morning air. He shivered once as the air hit his bare upper body, but soon adjusted to it. He flipped onto the roof and began a series of stretches to simply warm his body up. 'Wouldn't want to exert too much today before the mission', he thought as he stretched every part of his body. With that being the last thought, he emptied his mind and enjoyed the silence that the village experienced in the early mornings before it began its daily chaos.

After one hour, he had sufficiently warmed up his body and decided to have breakfast before heading to the gates. Making a half ram seal, a shadow clone popped into existence, already knowing to make breakfast. It flipped his way into the apartment and into the kitchen while Naruto sat there, simply taking in the peace for a few more minutes.

'Kurama, in your ridiculously long life, have you ever taken time to breathe and admire the sunrise?'

'What brought this on, brat?' Kurama's voice was a bit laden with sleep, signifying that he was napping as usual.

Naruto shrugged, 'Just asking.'

'Despite what people tend to think about me, I don't rampage all the time, you know. Even I take time to appreciate the simply joys of nature', he grumbled.

Naruto lifted an eyebrow, 'Wow, people really don't understand you as well as they think they do.'

Kurama nodded mentally before shooing him away, 'Now go away, let the me rest in peace', he said, cutting off their conversation.

Naruto shook his head, 'He must have a passionate hobby of sleeping which he adheres to like anything.'

He flipped himself back into his apartment, walking to his bathroom to freshen up. Ten minutes later, he was eating four scrambled eggs, all the while mentally compiling a list of what he should take with him. He created a shadow clone to clean up while he got ready.

He dressed up as usual and sealed up whatever supplies he would need in a large sealing scroll which he brought from the Higurashi weapons shop. The folks over there didn't up the prices for him. He was considering selling his ideas for a modified explosive tag over there in exchange for a discount on his future purchases and a bit of secrecy. After all, he also needed those in the future.

After double checking everything, he picked up his scroll slung it around him and walked out of his apartment. He activated the trap seals which he had designed himself. While he knew no one had any reason to come to his apartment, he couldn't help but create them, just to test himself. With that, he flashed the Hiraishin seal on top of the gates of Konoha.

XXXXXXX

Kakashi, Sakura and Sasuke each had different thoughts concerning this mission. Kakashi didn't lose his sleep over it, figuring this would be a normal C-rank mission. Truthfully, he didn't think his team was ready to take on a C-rank. While Naruto and Sasuke had established a sort of friendship, this would be the first time their co-ordination would be tested.