fifteen

Sebastian carefully closed the door before turning to Scarlett

"I'm just grateful that Abel's sober," he rolled his shoulders and the girl stifled a laugh as he made a comical grimace.

"Mel and Jen weren't that heavy."

"Says the one who did absolutely no heavy lifting," he whisper-shouted.

They both giggled quietly with each other before collapsing on the loveseat at the end of the hall.

Everyone had just finished help clean up the remains of the party(not that there was much to clean since Kaia threatened people into properly using the trash can) and the others were still lingering downstairs, talking to each other in low voices.

"I'm kinda glad we got high school sweethearts," Scarlett said.

Sebastian turned to her, titling his head curiously.

"There was still some things I wanted to do before, ya know, I died. Senior prom, school dances, parties like this—"

"Parties like this?" He repeated. "You're telling me you've never been to a high school party?"

"Trust me, I had a lot going on between school and sports. There were friends, yeah, but none of them ever stuck. I didn't mind, though. People were still nice to me and invited me places knowing I wouldn't be able to go, anyways," she said, sounding slightly amused.

"Well, I'm not surprised. You come off a little intense—I mean, the first day we met, you punched me in the nose."

"On accident!"

"Keep telling yourself that."

"I bet you were always at parties, huh?" He grinned as she nudged him playfully before shaking his head.

"You got me there. I was a party guy—strictly for the music and dancing. It was great fun, just like tonight until shit hit the fan."

"Yeah...I hope Ana's okay. She's still outside with Samuel."

They glanced at each other and smiled when Scarlett suddenly  cleared her throat, noticing that they were now quite close, legs and arms pressed against together. She tried to casually inch her leg away from his when Sebastian tapped her knee thoughtfully.

"I heard what you asked Anastasia in the kitchen," he murmured. "Why haven't you ever asked me that?"

Her mind was drawing a complete blank as Sebastian stared at her intensely, waiting for her answer.