Chapter 29

4 months later

alison pov

the past 4 months have been the best of my life but also very difficult. mackenzie is very fussy but she is perfect.

emily has been doing great at hollis as a falcon.

i got my own designing store. it's in philly and my company name is A. Fields. 

i have been doing very well the company is very successful. i have employees and several people buy my designs. i am planning on expanding the business.

i took business classes over the summer for a little bit so i could be able to understand the financial business in my company.

i was waiting for emily to come home when i was playing with mackenzie.

"where's mackenzie?"

i pulled my hands away, "there she is!"

she screeched in laughter and clapped her hands together.

"where's mackenzie?"

"there she is!"

she laughed again and clapped.

she startled gurgling and her belly growled.

i looked at my watch, "oh! time for lunch!"

i picked her up and put her in her high chair. i warmed up some of my breast milk i had to pump for her and closed the bottle.

i picked her up again and put the bottle into her mouth. she drank it until it was almost empty.

i put the bottle on the counter and started burping her.

after that was done i walked around our house with her in my arms, slowly driftiing off to sleep.

i heard a car door and i smiled. i went down the stairs and the front door opened.

emily walked in. she smiled when she saw me but i put my finger to my lips and pointed to a now sleeping mackenzie. emily nodded and kissed my lips, "hey." she whispered.

i smiled, "hey. how was school?" i asked.

"a bore as always without you."

i smiled.

"we'll talk but first i have to put mackie to bed."

"okay." emily said, "i'm gonna shower quick."

i nodded and i went up to the baby's room and layed mackie down.

i put on the baby monitor and was about to walk downstairs when i got a text.

rock a bye baby on the treetop, when they gun blows, her head will fall off.

kisses bitch,

A

i ran to the windows and locked them i looked out and saw a black hoodie hiding behind a tree.

i panicked, "emily, come to mackenzie's room. now." i said into the monitor.

i heard footsteps and then the door opened.

"what happened?" she said, a robe on her.

i'm surprised she heard me. but the monitor is in our room so she was probably just about to shower.

i handed emily my phone and when she read it she ran downstairs and got a baseball bat. i ran to our room and got the other monitor. she was about to open the door, "emily no. don't." i begged.