C H A P T E R 4 4

Start from the beginning

I smiled and said, 'Hi Deacon please call me Lily.'

I stepped into the car and he closed the door. My team was going to a hotel with the car we got for them. My phone pinged and Norman was telling me I had eight minutes. I asked Deacon and said, 'How long do you think it will be?'

He seemed to be thinking and he said, 'Six minutes.'

I let out a breathe and he chuckled obviously laughing at how nervous I was. Six minutes he had pulled up at the front of the building and I was out the door jogging up the stairs. Norman was standing at the entrance and he smiled and said, 'Hi Lily, come with me. '

We went to another door and we were now back stage and he said, 'You can calm down Lily.'

I rolled my eyes because Norman just couldn't help himself. I was standing backstage and they were putting my microphone on. Now I was facing a different crisis which is that I was nervous to present Adonis with his plaque.

The stage director motioned for me to go on and I walked onto the stage but I couldn't register anyone's face. I had a bright, kind smile on my face and I got to the podium. There was an applause and I said, 'Now for the last honorary award recipient of the evening.'

I placed the plaque on the podium and I said, 'I'm honoured to be presenting the last honorary award recipient with their plaque on behalf of the Food For Kids Charity. This plaque is for one of the most hardworking and kind hearted people I know. A man that I am just simply mad about, Adonis Hamilton.'

There was a loud round of applause and there was a standing ovation. We made eye contact and his eyes were twinkling so he was happy to see me. My smile grew more as he got onto the stage and he was making his way over. I was so happy to see Adonis, I felt like I hadn't seen him and just seeing him now made me happy.

I knew I had to be professional so as much as I wanted to jump onto him I gave him a side hug and a simple kiss before handing him his plaque so he could give his acceptance speech. I stood a bit behind him to the side applauding as well. I was kind of welling up, I always did this when Adonis was receiving awards and he found it absolutely ridiculous.

Adonis put his plaque on the podium and he turned back to look at me and winked which made me smile. He turned to face the audience and he said, 'Thank you for having me as one of the honorary award recipients. The things that this organisation achieves are amazing and I'm just thankful and honoured to get to be apart of this in any way. Thank you to my fiancee for presenting me with this award. '

He turned to face me and he said, 'I love you, I love you, I love you, ' he turned back to the audience and he said, 'Thank you once again, please enjoy the rest of your night.'

There was applause and Adonis came up to me with a smirk and I smiled and he took my hand. We walked off the stage and the organiser of the event was standing there with a giddy smile on his face. I smiled and he looked at Norman and the event organiser and said, 'Thank you Mr Gordon and thanks Norman.'

They nodded and they walked away and he turned to look at me and put his hands on my hips looking into my eyes. I smiled and he let out a sigh and said, 'I'm so happy you're here, I missed you.'

I smiled up at him with a whisper and said, 'I missed you too.'

He put his hands on my hips and he said, 'You look breathtaking Rose. I missed you so fucking much, you have no idea.'

I smiled and we shared a long, passionate kiss. We pulled apart and he said, 'How are you here right now. Don't you have photoshoots in Japan this week?'

I nodded and said, 'I do, I only have one night. I just missed you and wanted to see you.'

He pouted and I just smiled at him sadly. He took my hand and he said, 'You have no idea how much I appreciate this Lily, I missed you so much that I'm sure Norman and my employees are tired of me being in such a arse mood.'