My Truth

"Paul said they're downstairs." Nina said looking at me from her phone. "Are you sure he's dine with it?" I asked nervous to see him. Last time I saw him he screamed at me. That was at Nina's birthday party last year.

"He's fine now let's go." I picked up my phone and keys shoving them in my bag after locking the door. We took the elevator down to the carpark and walked around until we spotted the audi. I had no clue who's car it was as they were both stood outside of it. "Isabella." Paul said rather formally. "Paul." I replied the same way. "I would say it's nice to see you... but it's not." "Really mature." I said rolling my eyes. "I'm just gonna grab pizza with Chris." "Posioning another life." "Paul quit it." Nina warned him. "You're coming... Get in the car." She dragged me like my mum used to when i was throwing a tantrum as a child only this time I was being completely reasonable. he didn't want me here why would I go to dinner with someone who didn't want me there.

When we arrived we walked in and someone showed us to our table in the back away from priying eyes. "Can I start you off with drinks?" "Um, I'll take a bourbon." Ian said "Me too." Paul said. "Glass of red please." Nina asked. "I'll take a water please." "Sparkling or still?" "Still's fine thank you." "And is that from the pump or bottle." "Bottle please." I said with a smile and he went off to get our drinks.

"No alchol for the the alcholic." "Paul seriously stop now." Nina warned him again. I stayed quiet and just looked over the menu. "Nothing to say?" "I'm not proud of the past Paul. But don't bring it up in front of people that don't know me." I say not raising my eyes from the paper in front of me. Ian was sat there he diesn't need to know my business. "You may have the whole world fooled that you've changed but I know you haven't your just back to try and bring everyone down with you so you're not alone." I take a deep breath not wanting to blow my top off at him in public. "You use your dads death as an excuse... You just wanted to party don't disrespect his name like that Izzie."

"Don't talk about my dad." I tell him looking at him cold in the eyes. No one talks about my dad. "So how's the shirmp salad?" I asked casually like Paul's digs never happened. "It's okay. I recommend the steak though." Ian said. "I might have to try it." I say looking over at the steak section.

Dinner went by slowly. Painfully slowly. I wanted to take my steak knife and pull my eyes out with it. Paul kept making comments. I didn't care as long as my dad stayed out of his mouth or my fork would have been thrown at him.

On the drive home though he didn't keep his mouth shut. "Paul stop." Nina warned from next to me. One he was saying all sorts about me, two he was driving like a manic. "This reminding you of the night your dad died huh?" He shouted looking back at me. "Stop!" Nina said. My dad didn't die in a car accident. He died when he arrived at my home.

"You're the reason he's dead aren't you. You decided to drive like a lunatic. This is how scared he probably was." "Stop it Pual!" Nina said loudly. Ian stayed quiet as did I my grip loosening when the car slowed down. "My dad didn't die in a car accident you dick." I said. "You were drunk driving." "no thats what the media said. "You never corrected them." "Because I didn't want to relive it. Let them write what they wanted I couldn't careless. You were my friend and you never let me explain. You shut me out. I was 14 Paul!" We pulled up at the parking lot and I got out the car as quick as i could slamming the door and running up the stairs not wanting to hang around. 10 flights of stairs in heels wasn't easy.

NINA'S POV

"Isabella wait!" Paul called after her getting out the car. "What happened to her dad?" "You can't just leave it for one night!" I shout at him getting out also. She's had a rough time, she's been getting so much hate from all our fans, she's been working so hard with her youtube channel, juggling that with filming for the show and still doing meeting's and cast shooting for her modeling jobs. It's hard for her. And he can't just give her a break! I'm going to kick he's fricking head in!