TWELVE. born to be brave

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

It was official. Bless really screwed up. The table that was previously filled with friends laughing the night away only held Chase, Ashlyn, and Carlos. Gina went to go find EJ, Big Red and Ricky removed themselves from the awkwardness, and Bless needed another drink so she went to one of the punch tables. Hopefully, that would knock some sense into her.

She grabbed one of the empty cups and used her other hand to hold the spoon. With it, she dipped it into the red punch and poured it into her cup. As Bless went to take a sip, she was joined by Chase who stood beside her, hands in his pocket.

"What was that?" Chase asked the question that had been bugging him the whole night.

"What was what?" Bless nonchalantly countered with a shrug. However, when Chase raised an eyebrow, she sighed. "That was me being stupid, okay?"

"I know you two aren't besties, but that was kinda harsh. It's almost like you're only angry at Gina for bringing EJ."

"What? That's not true. I'm angry at EJ too. I mean, he and my sister just broke up and then he shows up with Gina who's practically my sister's enemy."

"Since when did you care about Nini and EJ's relationship?" Chase raised the question and Bless shook her head lightly. She hated that it was easy for Chase to read the situation. "You have no problem with EJ, only Gina. Why's that?"

"You ask way too many questions."

"I'm just curious and concerned. But you don't have to answer. I do think you should apologize to her."

An annoyed groan escaped Bless's lips. "God, I hate apologizing."

"Well, there's a shock," Chase sarcastically responded. Something behind Bless caught his eyes and made his brows raise in curiosity. "Looks like Gina has more drama to deal with tonight."

Bless scrunched her brows up in confusion but turned around and followed Chase's gaze. Further down from them stood EJ and Gina at one of the punch tables and from the looks of it, they were in a heated argument.

"Well, their honeymoon took a short break," Bless remarked as she and Chase continued watching the argument. She wished she knew what they were saying to each other or why they were arguing in the first place. However, the argument escalated when Gina grabbed a cup filled with red punch and poured it on EJ, causing Bless, Chase, and everyone watching to gasp. Gina stormed through the small crowd and out of the gym, anger firing through her. Despite it being shocking, Bless found it a bit assuming and chuckled a bit. "Okay, that was amazing!"