13; wild card

Charlie spoke into the microphone; she'd played several games during the last hour and a half, "And that's going to have to be my last game, guys."

She could hear Cr1tikal and Seán's exasperated groan, and everyone's muffled sighs in the background. Charlie smiled softly, glad that she was wanted. Accepted.

But not for how much money she had- no, just for herself. And honestly, that was all she wanted for Christmas. If she got anything, at all.

Corpse spoke then, interrupting her wistful thinking, "Char, I had so much fun. I hope you can play with us again."

Everyone immediately jumped on that idea, Sykkuno chuckling, "Don't worry, I'll make sure she does."

"How?" Train asked offhandedly, checking his stream.

Poki laughed into the microphone, swiftly changing the subject, "Bad bitches change their name to Poki!"

Felix groaned, "Poki nooo. Ah, Charlie, I had so much fun. I will indirectly forgive for not knowing who I am." He joked.

Charlie replied, a smile evident in her voice, "Don't worry, PewDiePie, I already subscribed. I- I had so much fun, guys... thank you all so so much."

Sykkuno got up from his chair, trotting downstairs, and as everyone cheered their goodbyes, and Charlie hung up, he back hugged her, nuzzling his nose into Charlie's brown hair.

"I'm so glad you had fun, sis," He murmured, "Do you... would you maybe want to play again in a couple of days?"

Charlie turned around, hiding her smile in her close friend's shirt, "I would love nothing more. Thomas, I think... I think that I'm happy."

Thomas beamed, breaking into a smile that stretched across his face, "And I'm happy when you are, sweetheart."

Imane ran down the stairs, followed by Jeremy, "Let's get you on Twitter! You're already trending on it..."

Jeremy gazed at his younger roommate tenderly, "Only if you want to, Char. I understand that it's a big jump-"

"No no," Charlie protested, "No, it's fine. I- I'd like to see what people are saying about me... and me."

The mood fell, and Charlie let out a breath, turning to her computer once again as her three friends crowded around her, all eyes staring intently on the old screen.

Charlie logged on to her new twitter account, a corner of her lips twitching up as she realized that when Thomas said he'd post her twitter account on his description, he wasn't joking.

Charlie, or as her twitter account stated, @officialwildcard, already had 200K + followers.

Not only that, but Sean, Felix, Valkyrae and Corpse had followed her instantly, sending friendly words in her dm's.

"Oooh," Imane teased, "Not quite what you had before, but my girl has a following. Damn!"

Charlie's ears turned red, a fine crimson dusting her cheeks as she scrolled through her comments.

Thankfully, most were nice and kind, welcoming her to Twitter and streaming, but some were more toxic.

Jeremy placed his hand over her's, clicking the log out button promptly, "It's okay, Char. They're just jealous. Everyone else absolutely adores you."

"It's the only thing we're here to do," Thomas sang, Imane covering her eyes as she visibly cringed hearing the soft-worded boy sing.

"Those aren't even the lyrics! It's the only thing I'm here to do," And they bickered, Jeremy joining in by the back of the room as Charlie's shaking hands logged into her other account. Her more popular one.

She sniffled back tears as the girl viewed the stabbing comments plaguing her tweets on @astrid_lavanaugh's account.

"It's okay, it's okay," She mumbled, alone in her silent cries, the trio still fighting playfully.

"What a bitch. I never liked her."

"Ew. Peter? I don't believe that. She's too ugly for him; she probably fucked someone else."

"SHE'S A WHORE. SHE'S A WHORE. SHE'S A WHORE."

"Astrid'll never be good enough. A fucking failure."

Charlie started breathing heavier, heart beat racing now, and she rather felt as though everybody hated her, as if the world was crashing down on her.

Panic attack.

The girl stepped back, her chair skidding a few feet, and the three looked up in surprise.

She could feel tears steadily streaming down her face; and without a word, Charlie ran out of the room, body wracking with sobs.

She always knew she was a failure.

TESSA SPEAKS!

yay. really happy chapter right here. i love you, drink some water and have some food. you mean the world to me, and my pm's are forever open. once again, i love you.