When It Rains It Pours.

So harsh!

" And if I did ask, what would you say?"

"Your speech was cute," Her eyes glimmer with anger as her words began to cut at my heart, " but I have no idea why you'd think you could be anything else other than a sensei or a training partner to me. "

" What?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you?   N as in Never and O as in obtuse." She taunts, " Did you get that, or do you wish for me to spell it out again?"

I open my mouth to speak, but I couldn't fathom words. Out of all the scenarios in my head, this was never one of them. And it's not like I didn't know how severe she could be; I just thought she'd be different towards me because I've known her for years.

"Answer me this. Do you care for me? Do you notice me? Do you like me?" She chuckles with anger. " Probably not. You boys can only think about sex and having it with everything that walks! Oh - you've made a mistake, Chris. It would be best if you had never mentioned your feelings. And if you noticed everything about me, you would have known this; I hate relationships with a passion!"

Should I try to say something while this beautiful girl yells at me? It's probably not going to get me anywhere. It might make her even more upset, knowing her.  And I would hate to be that guy who interrupts her while she gets her point across.

"And not only that; my parents also pay you to train me. What would they think if all of a sudden we started dating? They'd think they're paying you to have sex with me!  I bet you didn't think of that. And not to mention your twenty, and I'm seventeen."

I have to interrupt her and tell her this...

"Your birthday is tomorrow. Tomorrow, you turn eighteen."

" I -" She stammers, "You -  See, that just proves you want sexual relations with me!"

Her voice seems to become a buzzing bee as I sat and stared at her as she continued to tell me how terrible of a decision I made for asking if she'd be my girlfriend.

It was great to see this side of her because she's so quiet and reserved. Because I've picked her up from school many times and she wouldn't say much to me. Or when I would take her to get food or ice cream, she still wouldn't know much.  But other than that, she's silent, nodding her head to things she agrees with or shaking her head to let me know she disagrees.

I get her to say more when I ask her about Universe X or Emphoria X or Imphorians or famous beings who live there. Sadly, the only way I figured out that she was a huge fan was because I overheard a conversation between her and a friend of hers name Genesis.

Wait, hold on.

Was I mistaken when I saw her eyes gravitate to my lips earlier when I held her face? And the way she kept eye contact with me the entire time. Like she was searching for me to validate her beauty as if that bruise was going to make her any less pretty.

Now that I think of it, she still didn't tell me how she got the bruise.

"Hey! Are you listening to me?" She snaps her fingers, "Hello!"

"Yeah, I hear you."

"That doesn't mean you're listening!"

"Look, I get it. I should have never mentioned a relationship with you. I also understand your parents pay me to train you and not to be your boyfriend. If it makes you feel better, I'll pretend this never happened. I'll even go as far as limiting the time I spend with you if that's what you want. Just tell me what I have to do to." I say, "Okay?"

She sighs and folds her arms, staring at me with frustration in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. Just tell me what I have to do, and I'll do it."

Her frustration seems to change to a look of desperation. Like she wished that I say something more, but what was I to say to her? I knew not to argue with her, I had already apologized, and I already asked how we can improve this situation.

Why is she looking at me like this?

"Did - did you like me..." Her voice as low as a whisper, "like that, Chris?"

Is she asking me this after bashing me?

I ignore her comment, went over to my things, packing up all my gear, and then found my keys.

"Answer me."

" There's no point in me saying anything now." I turn to her, "Forget I said anything. It's for the best."

I watched as her eyes became teary again.

I had to change the conversation.

" Hey, do you want me to take you home?" I say, "It's getting late, and I don't want your parents to worry."

" No-" She brushes past me, "I'll walk home."

I watch as she walks out into the parking lot and down the road in the direction of her neighborhood, which was only a mile down the road.

I've got to make sure she gets home safely.

I grab my things, then turn off all the lights to the dojo

I grab my things, then turn off all the lights to the dojo. Then I lock the main entryway and its back door just before going to my car.

Pressing my finger into the reader of my key, the driver-side door opened slightly. The car starts up after I get in the driver's seat.

I put the car in drive, and down the road, I went.

Once she was in sight, I slow my pace, so that she wouldn't notice that I was following.

She then walks into her neighborhood, becoming out of sight again.

I flash my lights, and the car behind me passes as I wait to make a U-turn. Making the U-turn at the entrance, I make my way home.

Now that I was all alone, I could feel my emotions about what happened, settle in.

I wish I could shake the feeling, but I can't. Somethings not right, and I know it. I can almost feel this ominous energy approaching, much like a storm. Whatever it is, I hope that I'm prepared for it.