Weightless Lullabies | Chapter 31

I kept revising this. I've put a link to Spencer's dress by the side.

Vote and Comment!

xoxo Natasha <3

Jack

I hated this. I still missed her, still cared for her but she had moved on. She was going to prom, she obviously didn’t feel the same as I did, I didn’t want to go to prom, I just wanted to stay at home and sulk. If it weren’t for Alex and Rian, I would have.

I couldn’t believe that she had cheated on me with a guy who beat her repeatedly. I loved her and I thought she had loved me but obviously I was just a game.

“Jack.” my mom called. “Are you ready? Alex just called and said that they would be here soon.”

I sighed. I really didn’t want to go, but here I was, in my white tux. I looked in the mirror one last time, seeing a depressed kid.

“Coming.” I said.

I walked down the stairs and in the living room was Alex, Rian, Sam, and Nick.

“Hey dude” Sam said.

“Hey.” I said.

“Are you seriously still sulking over her?” Alex asked, slightly annoyed. “You have to get over her man, she is apparently over you.”

“Yeah,” Rian said. “Kara and Lisa saw her at the spa yesterday, she already has a date. But I swear if she brings Jason, I will personally kick his ass.”

I sighed, for what felt like the thousandth time today. When I saw her around school she seemed sad, but maybe I was just reading her wrong. After all she did buy more tickets for prom and kept the two that she had originally bought for the two of us. Screw her.

“Screw her.” I said. “If she’s moved on, so have I.”

We all gathered in my living room for pictures, my mom took so many. We left the house and I looked at what we would be riding in.

“A tour bus?” I said dumbfounded. “Sweet.”

Spencer

“Spencer, Katy, hurry up!” Susan called from downstairs.

I looked at Katy and she looked at me, we gave each other the once over. Once we decided that we were ready, we grabbed our purses and cover ups and went downstair where Susan, Cole, her parents, and the guys were waiting.

As we descended the stairs, Susan and Katy’s mom gasped and started to sob a little.

“My little girl has grown up.” they said simultaneously.

Katy and I looked at each other and giggled. We went next to our dates as our mothers took a million pictures.

“Mom,” Katy whined. “We have to go.”

“Okay, okay.” Mrs. Thomson said. “Just one more.”

“Have fun at the prom girls.” Cole said to us as we got into the limo that Yale had rented.

“Bye!”

As we drove to the prom I started to fill with excitement. If someone had asked me a year ago if I planned on going to my prom I would have laughed in their faces. But here I was, in a limo with actual friends and happy about going to prom. Looking back on what my plans had been for my senior year, I was actually very happy that this year had gone the way it had. I would have much rather been going to prom with Jack, but I couldn’t and I really couldn’t fix that.