Chapters 24 and 25

Chapter 24

        February 8th, 3119, 16:30pm, Pollard watched as Becker straightened up in his chair, trying to come up with a good response.

"Where did you start out on this?", Pollard asked sliding Becker a cup of coffee.

Becker took a sip of coffee and cleared his throat.

"Shalon Hope gave me a list of colonies starting with the letter "M"," Becker began.

"I thought you said two guys in a bar hired you," Tran put in.

"That was a cover story to use until I knew I could trust you," Becker fired back.

        Pollard glared at Becker hard for moment, trying see if he was lying.

Pollard had sort of a Sixth, seventh, and eighth since for being able to detect liars.

He could tell Bloodpressure spikes, Bodyheat spikes, and other things, without the help of computers.

"When did you start doing so horrible with lies?", Pollard shot at him.

"Shalon Hope confirmed my story, what more do you need?", Becker shot at him.

"Don't test me," Pollard warned.

        Becker watched Pollard leaning against the wall.

"The last story I told you is the true one," Becker told him.

"Why use PHGC people on this one?", Tran inserted taking in sip of coffee.

"She wanted to make sure that she could have people who were experts in these matters," Becker replied taking a sip of coffee.

"Apparently, she didn't trust The CIAC," Pollard commented.

"Nobody does in these matters," Becker replied.

        Pollard and Tran looked at Becker.

"How many colonies have you been to on the list?", Pollard requested taking in a sip of coffee.

"Nine, starting With Marble and moving down the list," Becker repleid.

"You said that you had been at the camp in Lenado, why?", Tran added.

"The man that she sent there hadn't reported in in three days, she asked me to go to Lenado and see if I could find out what happened," Becker replied.

"Why hire a Rogue along with them?", Tran asked.

        Pollard eased up from the wall.

"She wanted to make sure that The PHGC wouldn't be able to detect him," Pollard theorized.

"That's right," Becker fired back.

Becker sat forward in in his chair.

"I can't guarantee that what I have found will help you," Becker warned.

"Life has no guarantees," Pollard shot back.

        Becker grunted as he sat up farther.

"It isn't without it's charm's though," he replied..

"Have you come in contact with any one that might help us?", Pollard shot at Becker.

"A Chinese PHGC named Yanli Zhou," Becker answered.