His Story

Cody

"Cool! I didn't know you were a triplet!! Why didn't you tell me—"

"THEY CAN DO ALL THEY FUCKING WANT BUT I'M TIRED OF THEM TAKING WHAT I WANT SO DO NOT FUCKING TALK TO THEM! ONLY GONNA TAKE MY SPOT HERE." I storm upstairs into my room, throwing my phone at the wall.

"Cody..." Ali walks in. "What's wrong?"

"STAY AWAY FROM THEM!" I shout, making her gulp in fear. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry."

She walks closer to me. "What's wrong? What did you brothers do?"

"They're the reason I'm here." I scoff, falling my ass on the bed.

"What do you mean?" she sits next to me and I stay quiet. "You can tell me anything. I'm a great listener."

"Damnit, I know you are!" I stressfully run my fingers through my hair. "I've always lived in the shadows of my brothers. Not necessarily by my parents, they tried to help, but it never worked. Lawson and Beckett were the schools best kids. Every single year of school. Everyone loved them. I lived in the shadows of them and got pushed out of everything. I was the odd triplet, yknow? Nobody liked me, only my brothers. All girls wanted from me was to get closer to Law and Beck. I started fights starting in fifth grade all the way until I dropped out senior year. I NEVER had good grades, but Law and Beck always did. My parents loved how successful they were, but I was pretty much the reject. I went to alternative school, got a tutor, therapist, everything that would help, didn't. I got in the wrong crowd with some guys and we robbed stores, stole shit we could sell for drugs that we could sell once again, I had my own street fighting name so everyone knew me once I beat their asses. All I got into were fights in alleyways, streets, anything. Other fingers or innocent people as well. I got in a shit ton of trouble with the law. Not to mention, once street fighting guy's, that beat the fuck out of, girlfriend turned me into the cops accusing me of rape. I was in a SHIT ton of trouble with my family, but luckily I was proven not guilty and they caught her for false accusations."

"Did you—"

"I even beat up women."

"Cody—"

"I beat up a lot of women and men. Always won. Until my dad gave me to the probation officer and now I'm here." I shake my head.

"That story... that's why you made sure I wasn't gonna make up shit.." she trails off.

"Ali, I have a shitty ass reputation. Everything I wanted to do, I was overshadowed by my brothers. Everyone praised them and it made me who I am today." I clench my jaw. "I just.. I don't know."

She looks down. "Don't wanna lose something you have for yourself?"

I look at her. "Yeah, yeah I guess so."

"I'm so sorry about everything you've been through, but you're here to get better." she looks back at me and gives me a warming smile. "Right?"

I tug my lips to the side. "Right."

I lie straight through my teeth,

knowing that as soon as I get out of here that I'm going straight back to my gang.

**

"This place is lovely!" I hear a familiar voice.

My heart drops and I instantly run downstairs to see Lawson and Ali.

"Cody?"

"Lawson." I cross my arms and look at Alice.

She turns to Lawson.