the one with mrs bing

third person pov

gianna sat on the edge of joey's bed, still shaken by new years. it wasn't her fault, not at all. and it wasn't the first time something like this had happened. everything had seemed loud from that day, even the silence. 

she'd barely seen any of her friends. instead choosing to spend a lot of time in joey's room, occasionally seeking comfort in silence with chandler. whether they watched tv, or read their own books - it was nice for him to appreciate her need for silence. 

"are there no conscious men in the city for you two?" chandler's voice drifted into the hall as gianna quietly opened the front door. 

"he doesn't have anyone." monica argues. the group were seated around the coffee table in the living room, the tv lighting up occasionally. 

"yeah, we-we feel kinda responsible." phoebe adds. gianna still stood quietly at the counter just watching her friends interact, a soft smile making its way to her lips. 

"i can't believe you said woowoo. i don't even say woowoo." joey laughs. by now everyone but chandler were seated around the tv - gianna still remained at the counter. chandler stood behind the couch, watching the screen light up. 

"oh, she's coming up! she's coming up!" rachel exclaims, also standing and heading to the fridge. she sees gianna out of the corner of her eye and smiles at her, gaining a weak smile in return. 

"folks, when we come back we'll be talking about her new book, 'euphoria unbound': the always interesting nora tyler bing. you might wanna put the kids to bed for this one." jay leno announces, everyone's eyes glued to the screen. 

"y'know, we don't have to watch this. weekend at bernie's is on showtime, hbo and cinemax." chandler protests and rachel shakes his head. 

"no way, forget it."

"c'mon she's your mum!" joey argues, gesturing to the tv. 

"exactly. weekend at bernie's! dead guy getting hit in the groin twenty, thirty times! no?" chandler continues to protest. 

"chandler, i gotta tell you, i love your mum's books! i love her books! i cannot get on a plane without one! i mean, this is so cool!" rachel gushes, taking a seat on the arm of the couch. 

"yeah, well, you wouldn't think it was cool if you're eleven years old and all your friends are passing around page 79 of 'mistress bitch'." chandler replies sarcastically, leaning against the couch. 

"c'mon chandler, i love your mum. i think she's a blast." ross adds. 

"you can say that because she's not your mum." chandler argues, rolling his eyes at the tv. behind gianna, the door opens and reveals paolo. 

"bona sera." he smiles, looking down at rachel who had joined gianna at the counter. 

"oh hi sweetie." rachels swoons, reaching up to kiss him. 

"when did rigatoni get back from rome?" ross scoffs, picking apart the pizza he was eating. 

"last night." monica replies. 

"as, so then his plane didn't explode in a big ball of fire? just a dream i had but phew." ross mutters, clearly upset. 

"ah! nora bing!" paolo exclaims as chandler's mum appears on the tv screen. 

"now what is this about you being arrested in london? what is that all about?" jay leno asks and nora smirks on the screen. slowly gianna walks over to chandler and removes his arm from the couch. he looks down confused but releases his tense when he sees gianna. a soft smile covers his lips as she wraps her arms around him.