1- Library

(hi i just wanted to say this is my first book, as im not that great of a writer at all o_o so if you find any typos, or other errors, pleaseeee let me know and thanks for reading i hope you enjoy)

"Go! Go run away Shorty! Let's see how far those short legs can take you!" At that comment from Nick, I ran. I sprinted as fast as I could towards the bathroom. I could feel tears welling in my eyes. He was right, I am short. 5'8 is short, especially compared to the average height of his giant group of friends.

No it isn't, you're average height. I wanted to tell myself that but anytime he towers over me, I'm reminded otherwise. He's so tall, 6'5 to be exact. He's amongst the tallest in the school.

I slowed down a bit once I couldn't hear their comments anymore and turned around. Through my clouded vision, I could see a group of tall boys laughing, throwing friendly punches in the air and cheers at the end of the main halfway. But next to them I saw Nick's best friend, his wingman if you will, standing still with his hands still at his side watching me. He looked surprised, hurt almost. Once he caught me turning around he backed up and disappeared behind the group of boys.

Less than a minute later I entered the bathroom, not caring if I was late for class. At this point, tears streamed down my face, causing me to be unable to see anything. I shut my eyes hard and sat down against the wall. I threw my bag aside and brought my knees to my chest. I let myself cry, not caring if anyone walked in on me.

--

The bell rang for lunch. I slowly packed up my history papers and shoved my binder in my backpack, and headed out the door. Lunch was my favorite time of the day because I would sit in the library and read, or talk to the librarians. They quickly became my only source of socialization at this point. If only they knew what was going on. "Hey Mrs. White."

"Hey George. What's going on?"

"Nothing much, just coming in here to find a book to read, you know, the usual lunch thing." She smiled and nodded her head.

"Let me know if you need anything!" I smiled back and headed for the back corner. They had the comfiest chairs in the school. They were soft, navy blue rocking chairs. (shut up im colorblind blue is my favorite color) The armrests had the same navy blue cloth with a cup holder. I pushed the chair up against the wall and pulled out my charger from my bag.

I plugged it into the outlet, and plugged the end of the cord into my phone. 0% battery. Great. I left it there to at least get some charge and got up to search for a book. I'm a romance fiction type of guy, and I've read almost all the popular books from that category.

I made my way over to the big "fiction" sign, hanging from the ceiling. After some minutes of searching, I saw one near the top with a matte black cover, and red lettering. I reached my right hand up as high as it could go, with no luck. I stood on my toes and managed to get my fingers to touch it, but not enough to knock it down. Then I felt a hand on my left hip and I saw a big hand grab the book from behind me.

"Hey I was-" I turn around to see a tall man above me. His eyes, emerald green, hair messy and dirty blond, freckles lightly dotted across his cheeks. Our faces were inches apart. He slowly backs away and hands me the book. "You're welcome." He smiles and brushes his hand through his hair.

 "T-thanks" Is all I could mutter out. He looked so familiar. I could feel heat rise to my cheeks. I looked away and started walking towards the corner where my things were. 

(sorry for the short first chapter, i promise they got longer later :])

also lmk if you have any idea for the story