Chapter 25

The weather has changed and it is now full on raining, but I don't care. All I want is to find Mica and Ulana because everything in me tells me that they are in trouble. The blanket with spots of blood on it was never the first hint, to make me realize that something felt a little off today, but it was the interruption in my senses.

Oh gosh, the feeling that had washed over me as I watched them leave, I had to take a moment to calm myself and tell myself that I was only finding it difficult to seperate from her as her mother. What is in hand, I haven't been able to let go, I feel much closer to them with it so close to me.

When I first saw the blanket hanging out the mouth of Ronan's wolf, I felt really numb and quite dizzy. I had to blink a couple of times to try and determine that what was before me was real. When Ronan had returned back to his human form, he'd finally told me what happened.

The blanket was actually the delivery that he'd received while I was on my way out. Her scent had knocked him into adrenaline mode and all he wanted was to get to me in time, he wanted to stop me before I could get far.

He told me that the first thought to run through his mind was danger, that my little girl is in trouble and I might also run into trouble, on my way back home.

Evan had not wasted any time and had called up Travis, informing him of what was happening. Travis in response has brought warriors and trackers, to come help search for them. Ronan has also called his own people and both packs are working together in search of Mica and Ulana.

Travis had informed me that he'd tried to get ahold of Mica many times, just like Kylie, who joined in on the search. We have all seperated and many of us are going in groups, to different parts of the forest, in which surrounds us. Ronan had caught us in time before we could enter the main road and be in the same area, as the humans occupy.

We were not far from my old pack's territory and the area around it has proven to be a start, in our search. Though through the worry, one thing I am certain of, is that where ever they are, Mica is protecting Ulana. He would never let any harm to befall her, he has yet to come to terms with everything that had happened to our family, so in his mindset I know that he determined himself, to be our shield and protector.

What puts me on edge however, is how hurt he may be, because I can feel all sorts of pain in different parts of my body. I can't determine on which part is most affected, due to my senses being in the way. I have never been given a chance to complain against my senses, but right now, they have reminded me on how different we are as mates, compared to other mates.

At times, I could never be a full on mate with part of me, being who I am. I feel cheated as of now due to not knowing the extreme levels of pain Mica may be experiencing. This is one of the disadvantages of us being mates amounts to. At this moment in time, I feel like I am just his borrowed mate and not his true mate, or else I would have located his whereabouts by now.

Like a true and complete mate does, when their other half is in trouble.

I am suppose to find him first, as his mate, the one destined and fated for him but here I am, still searching.

" Catherine."

" I can't stop to talk now Ronan, I have to find my family."

I hear him sigh before in true speed, he stands infront of me.

" Ronan -"

" Look at me." He demands for eye contact but I deny him, looking everywhere but at him.

" Catherine, look at me."

I sigh and comply, knowing that he wont give up, until he gets what he wants.

" We will find them."

I don't say anything, but just look at him.