Chapter 41 (A Light for a Life)

Start from the beginning

Asta stares at Yami for a moment until he replies, "Yes sir!" It seems like his captain's words really hit him hard. That's right, why is he in the magic knights? To become the wizard king of course!

Valtos began to groan as he stood up, caressing his head from the drowsiness he felt.

"Oh you're awake." Patri silently commented, "I'm glad."

"Master, did something happened?" Valtos asked, "Wait, how did I fall asleep?"

"Never mind that."

Asta got instance and focused. He held onto both of his sword and the Grimoire remained in front.

Let's see what you can do, Asta. Isabella gave a side glance.

I've no idea what I'm supposed to do. Asta thought to himself, I'll just concentrate, concentrate, concentrate, concentrate....

Valtos sighed in annoyance, "You think you can sense my attacks?

He fired a dark spell, opening a portal behind Asta.

"THERE IT IS!" He slashed the attack, but half of it was hit on his knees, "I guess... I missed some."

"Nice try." Yami kicked Asta at the butt making him fall forward, "You think I wouldn't notice you using just one of your senses. The only thing you work in there was your ears. That isn't reading qi. If you wanna do this right then you have to feel it with your whole body. You got that?"

"My whole body?"

"Yep don't rely mainly on your ears or just your eyes. It's like something between intuition and prediction. Now does it right this time or I'll kill ya!"

This is insane! Asta inhaled as he got instance, still, I think I got it now. Not only my ears. Not just my eyes. Alright... I got to reset everything. He closed his eyes and concentrate.

He then felt the dark beam approaching him, "THERE IT IS!" He slashed the beam that directly hit the spatial mage make him fall unconscious.

Patri was in shock as he witnessed his companion down on the ground.

"Haha! It worked!" Asta turned to Yami, "Captain Yami did you see?"

"Really? It actually worked? No way you're a freak." Yami said holding his hand close to his cigarette.

"WHHHAAAAATTTTTT!"

"And it is we freaks who gets the job done." Isabella smiled, "Good for you, Mr Sukihero. You're one of our kinds."

"Shut the hell up freaky blind girl. Geez, did Goldie spoiled you or somethin'? Rubbed his ideas on you perhaps?"

"More than my Captain, I believe I was rubbed more by two beloved boys who are striving for the best." She turns her head, smiling to Asta, "Thanks big brother."

Asta flushed but smiled, "Heh, anytime little sis."

Patri was staring at Valtos. He turned with a murderous glare, "You hurt him. How dare you?" His Grimoire flipped a page. Wind blowing from behind making his hair flew, "I will not allow humans to harm my companions! You've done too much damage already."

"Geez, what's this guy's problem?" Asta asked in annoyance, "They are the once who started this."

A bright light shined making Asta wince. Isabella just looks at it since she was looking at the color purple.

A long golden whip was made as Patri hold onto it, "As you can see, this particular spell traces an ever changing track whip like undulations. Can you anticipate these movements? Long ago, when a person had sins the punishment was flogging. One popular instrument used was a whip. I find this a very fitting end for the likes of you two."