42 || echo

I STIRRED AWAKE, BLINKING TO RID THE BLUR IN MY VISION AS I ALLOWED A GROAN TO ESCAPE MY LIPS, EXPRESSING THE HEADACHE THAT HAD MADE IT'S WAY THROUGH MY HEAD. I looked around, noticing that I was still in the throne room, still on the chair. Ex-chipped people were on the ground, in pain. Well, at least they got their pain back.

"Hey," Clarke's head made it's way into my vision as she spoke softly with a smile. "You did it. Now, put your head forward, we need to remove the flame."

"No," I quickly protested without thought, shaking my head firmly. Clarke gave a look of confusion. "I saw Lexa. In the City of Light."

Clarke let out a short gasp. "You saw Lexa?" 

"She said to tell you that she'll always be with you," I passed on her message with a small smile, which made Clarke smile too. "And she told me to lead our people. Her spirit chose me." 

Clarke gave a heavy sigh before going over to her mother. I'm sure she was distraught and torn with what decision to make next. As she walked away, Bellamy came over to me and gave me a huge hug of relief, which I gratefully returned. 

"A.L.I.E's gone," I told him.

"Yeah, I figured. Good job, Kiddo," He said, referring to the crying people on the floor. I wasn't too sure if causing people all this pain was something to be praised for. And for whatever reason, I was disappointed in myself. And really tired, too. But I didn't have time to rest since we were all going to die in six months. I felt myself drifting away with my thoughts before Bellamy's voice cut through them like a sword. "Lia. What's the matter? You don't look like someone who just saved the world."

"Because we didn't. Not yet, anyway."

Before I could elaborate any further, Octavia's sword was in Pike's gut. She ripped it out and he grunted again. I didn't show it but I was happy that bald, fascist jerk was finally dead. He had it coming to him, anyways.

Much to Bellamy's dismay, Clarke let me keep the flame in my head for the time being until we could properly discuss the matter. I explained to both Bellamy and Clarke what A.L.I.E had told me in the City of Light. The world was ending again in less than six months it was up to us to do something about it.

Sometimes I really wish I was just born a normal kid.

While Octavia and the others aided the chip-survivors, Clarke, Bellamy and I made our way down to the bottom of the tower, which was harder than I thought it would be. We made it to the bottom and everyone looked broken. People were hurt, people were dying, people were crying everywhere.

Clarke and Bellamy had their own discussion while I looked around at all the people who's pain I had returned to them. I couldn't help but feel responsible. Guilt flooded my chest as our attention was caught by a Grounder woman's loud wailing over a loved one's body. We ran over to him.

"He didn't fall," Clarke noticed. I immediately recognised the man, remembering how he died.

"He was one of the ones that chased me in the City of Light. Lexa killed him," I informed, my words faltering toward the end of my statement. I noticed a crowd around us had gathered. All eyes were on me. They saw me in the City of Light. They blamed me for all of this. They blamed Skaikru.

And if I'm being honest, I would blame me too.

Clarke noticed Abby and Kane had come down from the tower and guided us over to them, parting from the crowd.

"Good, you're down," Clarke nodded. "We have to go. The rover's in the north woods." Go? There was no way in hell I was leaving. I was the (unofficial) Commander now. These were my people.