(16) I like you

It's beautiful," I said gawking at the photo

Xaviar and Ezra seemed to have liked the painting too, seeing as they nodded their heads in agreement.

"I guess you paint decently," Xaviar said to him.

What!? Did Xaviar just give someone a compliment!?

Zera's mom gawked at our reactions but then started to have tears flow out her eyes.

"How old are you Zera?" I asked

"12" He said shyly looking at me.

Ahh so he is around Xaviar's age.

"Well, Zera, when you turn 15 I would love to sponsor you in order for you to get into the royal academy, you have an amazing talent"

He stared at me in surprise, "T-Thank you Duchess! Thank you so much!" He said and then went to hug his mom

I said goodbye to both of them before closing the door with a sigh.

"Doesn't it look pretty?" I asked Xaviar when I saw him staring at the painting hanged on the wall.

"Yeah....we look very happy..."

I smiled, "Yeah, we do" I said rubbing Xaviars head, surprisingly, he didn't push me off.

"Maybe you guys can be friends? I mean, you do have no friends...."

"H-Hey! I do for your information!!"

"Hmmhm yeah okay" I said rolling my eyes.

-
-
-
1 year later

It's the spring of the new year, its been over a year since me and Ezra got married and a lot has changed.

First, Zera's mom sadly died earlier than usual, not due to sickness but due to her getting attacked in the alleyway on her way to work. It was very unfortunate and Zera was depressed. In order for him not to be put into an orphanage ( since his dad is trash and MIA) I adopted him and he started to live in our mansion.

This ultimately brought Zera and Xaviar closer together. Zera follows Xaviar everywhere, even though Xaviar seems annoyed by it I can tell he likes his company.

Then me and Ezra became very close, so close that I think I'm catching feelings for him, though, I have no idea how he feels for me.

Today we are celebrating Xaviar's birthday, per my request, I decided to cook for him and make a nice pasta with a side of wine.

Xaviar and Zera were in the other part of the castle, so no one can disturb us.

No servants no anything.

Makes me nervous for some odd reason.

"Charlotte?" Ezra asked

"Ah sorry I was thinking about us"

"About us?" He asked

Whew, okay I'm going to do it.

I took a long sip of the wine, for some courage. And then put it down.

"Ezra....I need to tell you something...."

He tilted his head, "Yes..?"

I took a deep breath.

"O-One year ago when I married you I had no feelings for you at all, I was just desperately trying not to die, and I thought you were a cold blooded jerk, but...."

"But..?"

"But, right now, I have come to grow...feelings for you."

He was silent.

"Ezra....I have romantic feelings for you...I like you...."