2. Choosing Wife

I'm sure I've seen you in my dreams
I'm feeling like ain't first time
we ever meet
You make the time fly slow, slow
Just like slow rivers flow
Slow

The mansion house looked luxurious with a fusion of architectural styles. It was ginormous and took up an area of more than 1,000 square meters. There were countless cars pooling in and out of the front gates.

Although Simon Sebastian was notoriously violent and cold- blooded, the cash prize of the resulting marriage worth 18 million dollar and the identity as the daughter-in-law of the Sebestians were still enough to attract a large number of participants.
Yasmin was one of them.

Yasmine reported herself and the purpose of her visit to the security office. She was then led into the waiting room by the person in charge of the banquet, where many women were already waiting.

"The official meeting is about to start soon. Please get ready. Don't leave in a hurry after you're done. Whether you're chosen or not, Madam Mila will treat all of you to lunch at noon."

After the person in charge concluded his announcement, he picked up the register list and readout, "Stella Owen, please come with me."

A sweet-looking girl got up and was taken to the reception room. She walked really fast, looking very excited. Ten minutes later, she came back with her makeup smeared as tears flooded down her cheeks.

A girl asked her, "Stella, what did Simon do to you?"

Stella glanced at the girl, grabbed her bag, and ran away in defeat. The crowd sighed.

Soon, more and more girls were brought away and coincidentally, they all came back in tears. Gossip and soft murmurs started to stir in the waiting room.

Yasmin looked at all this calmly and promptly took out her phone to send a text message to her family driver, York.

She did not participate in their speculations and discussions. When they discussed how to deal with the rumored devil, she just sent a text message on the phone.

Finally it was her turn. Looking at the sympathetic eyes cast at her, she was not nervous or uneasy. When she left the hall, the driver waited at the door: "Miss, you want me to buy something for you."

"Thank you." She took it and followed the person in charge into a dark room.

The reception room was huge and spacious, yet it gave people a strange sense of suffocation.

Simon was sitting on a sofa in the middle of the room. He had slanted eyebrows that were like swords, deep, black eyes with a sharp gaze, thin lips, sharp and angular features, and a tall but strong figure... He looked exactly as how he was described in the news and as handsome as they reported.

But the description from the news was actually only one-tenth of how he actually looked. Handsome was not the exact word. He looked ethereal, majestic like he was born to be king, making others kneel and submit themselves to him. This was indeed the case.

Yasmin took a deep breath and calmly sat down in front of him. She opened the plastic bag and took out a large pack of tissues, putting it on the table in front of her.

"What are you doing?" Simon raised his thick black eyebrows and asked.

"To wipe my tears later," Yasmin answered calmly.

Simon was stunned and soon burst into laughter. "Do you think every woman who comes here goes out crying?"

"But none of them went out with a smile," said Yasmin in a matter-of-fact tone.