Part 14 - Loss and Decisions

Enjoy!

I can't focus. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi are fidgeting with their papers in the corner of my eye. Ms. Sasaki heard about our loss and decided to give us three less of a hard time today. Good thing it's almost lunch.

"We're going to have a free period so you may do your work or talk quietly amongst yourselves.'' Ms Sasaki announces.

"Do you think the third years are going to stay the team?" Yamaguchi asks and my brows furrow.

"I don't know but they would not just leave." I assure.

================================================================================

"Hey guys." I greet the second years on the roof. 

"What are you doing here you usually don't come up to the roof for lunch." Ennoshita asks.

"I just need some air." I say and take a deep breath and go to is in-between Tanaka and Narita.

"Are you upset about us losing?" Tanaka asks turning his head to face me.

"Why would I be? I know I've only been apart of the team for a short time but I've seen so much improvement. Aoba Josiah was just better than us that day. We lost and there is nothing we can do but practice and improve. You should all be proud of yourselves and each other." I say looking down at my bento I made this morning.

"Y/N!" The boys stare me. "YOU'RE SO WONDERFUL!" They scream and I fall back. Good thing we're the only ones on the roof.

"YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL TOO!" I scream back at them and we all start laughing.

"All we need to do is plan out what we are going to do for the tournament in August. This is no time to lick our wounds. The third years may not be on the team so we need to work harder now." Tanaka say and we all nod in agreement. Noya nudges Tanaka on the arm and Tanaka blushes as the other second years leave.

"Bye Y/N! We need to help Mr. Sato with bringing chairs to his classroom." Noya says as they leave the roof.

"I need to talk to you." Tanaka calls out and I turn my body to him. Now we are cross legged on the ground facing each other.

"What is it?" 

"I'm sure about you now." He blushes.

"Y-you are?" I blush excitedly and he nods.

"I like you. I like you a lot. You can make everyone in the room smile just by saying something short. You make me really happy." He says and grabs my hands as I blush. "I know I'm pretty impulsive but this is thought out. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks.

"Yes!" I happily say has we engulf each other into a hug . "It's about time." I scold jokingly and he nods.

"After school do you wanna get some food? Just the two of us like a date." Tanaka asks cradling my head and I nod.

"Let's go to practice first though. And I have to ask my brother." I say and he nods.

"I really like you Y/N." 

"I really like you too."

I imagined someone asking me out or to be their girlfriend would happen differently. I pictured it to be overly romantic like a movie. I would where a beautiful dress and it would be sunset at the beach. The boy would say a poem expressing his love for me and then we would kiss. I like Tanaka's confession more. It was simple and sweet like him. It wasn't dramatic it was simple and I loved it.

================================================================================

"Looks like we're here, where are the third years?" Tanaka sighs, asking the first and second years around him. His arms are wrapped around my waist and his head is leaning on my shoulder.

"Ah Ryu! Did she say yes!" Noya asked excitedly an Tanaka pushes me off of him and screams.

"YES SHE DID!" he screams and he and Noya start jumping around.

"That's what you got yourself into." Tsukishima smirks and I stick my tongue out at him.

"Go kiss Yamaguchi or something." I smirk as his and Yamaguchi's ears turn red.

"Y/N IM YOUR BROTHER IN LAW NOW!" Noya screams at me and I just nod.

The third years come into the gym all panting from rushing into the gym and Hinata rushes up to them.

"Are you guys still on the team?" He asks hopefully.

"Yes. We are still on the team." Kiyoko smiles.

"YA KIYOKO!" I cheer and give her a hug as she accepts.

"I couldn't leave you alone with these guys." She laughs. 

"GUEESS WHO GOT THEMSELVES A GIRLFRIEND BEFORE THE THIRD YEARS?" Tanaka screams at the.

"Who Tanaka?" Daichi sighs.

"ME! Y/N is my girlfriend!" He announces and grabs me into his arms.

"Finally!" They sigh in relief. 

"You were giving the poor girl too many mixed messages." Suga says.

Keishin-nii and Takeda walk into the gym with smiles on their faces.

"I knew you guys would be here." Keishin-nii smiles.

"PLEASE STILL COACH US!" The boys bow their heads in from of my brother.

"That's why I'm here." He smiles and I rush up to give his a hug.

"Now let's get to practice!" I smile and the boys cheer.

================================================================================

TANAKA POV

"So you want to the my baby sister on a date?" Coach asks towering over me even though I'm a. little taller than him. Man is he scary. Y/N is getting dressed for our date in her room, which I wasn't aloud to see because Coach said no. 

Coach and I are sitting in the living room and he's giving me the talk.

"Yes Coach." I answer quickly."

"So are you her boyfriend now?"

"Yes Coach."

"If you break her heart I'll let you stay on the team. But I'll make it a living hell for you." He says and I nod. "Have her home before 9. I'm giving you 4 hours to take her out. Don't even dare doing something to her that she is uncomfortable with." He says darkly.

"Of course Coach." I nod quickly.

"I hope you weren't giving him a hard time Keishin-nii." Y/N walks in wearing her fate outfit and I blush a bit. She's wear (insert outfit). 

She walks to the door and I follow her.

"Have a good time." Coach says to Y/N.

"Bye big brother. Love you." She says and pecks him on the cheek.

"Love you too." He calls out as we walk down the stairs.

We walk the streets towards my house.

"I'm just gonna change quickly when we get to my place. Good luck with Saeko.'' I sigh and she grabs my arm and hugs it.

"I'm sure she's great." She smiles and I blush.