Part 19B

Silas

"Aggele Mou?" I asked in awe as she walked past the end of my bed, as though heading for the bathroom. Was this truly my angel? She looked stunning in her grey dress with her shoulders back and that enchanting smile on her face that I loved so much.

I wanted to kill Nathan's father for daring to touch her but to also see how competent and brave she was...I couldn't even find the words.

With Academy training, she was more then I could've imagined. So strong...so ours! Or I still hoped she was ours; she had already reamed us for insinuating that she had left our group to join another but I still couldn't help the niggling feeling that happened when I saw how easily she interacted with Raven and his teammates...and speaking of their team, I suddenly remembered to wonder about the girl with them and where Kevin was.

It seemed that it was going to take a lot of time to get used to all the changes and be able to understand them.

Sang smiled at me poked at my foot underneath the covers, "Af̱tó í̱tan diaskedastikó . Den ypárchei amfivolía sas kai ti̱ Vóreia í̱thele na chtypí̱sei tous anthró̱pous tóso polý. - That was fun. No wonder you and North like to hit people so much"

My jaw hit my chest for the second time in so many minutes as I heard her speek in my native tongue for the first time. She had a slight accent but her mouth moved easily with the words. Such a surprise even after she'd told us that she'd learnt more then one language.

"Baby..." North breathed and I couldn't help but agree with him. She made me breathless too.

"You still have horrible pronunciation chica," A familiar voice griped and I twisted my head to peer behind the Toma team as they shifted to reveal the newcomers. There, with huge smiles, stood my brother and father.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Blackbourne

For once I had watched in total silence. The boys had had their usual reaction to what Miss Sorenson had achieved with Mr Griffin senior but I had turned my concentration to the little ghost bird and the Toma team as they stood by, confident that she could handle herself.

From the time that she had ended up in my office after trying to defend Gabriel, I had known that she would make an invaluable asset to the team and to the Academy but I hadn't truly considered what type of impact she would make on our family and our lives as individuals.

She was magnificant as she defended herself and walked saucily away from Raven with a comment thrown over his shoulder that only he could understand.

They had all quieted down over the next hour as the Toma team began to mingle through the beds and introduce their newest team member and explain that Kevin had decided to leave for his girlfriend rather then continue to lie to her. I admired his dedication but it was hard for me to understand how he could leave his team behind.

My brothers, I shook my head, I could never leave them. They were the only family that I had left; the only that I needed and that included Miss Sorenson.

She was utterly magnificant as she unconciously showed off the development of her training and natural skill as she greeted the Korbas, Greens and Pam with surprising closeness and ease. There were hugs for each of them and I nearly wanted to grin when I saw Sean's face after his father had bestowed a chaste but sincere kiss to Sang's cheek; it seemed that she had managed to work her charms on the family members just as much as she had worked them on us.

She walked from boy to boy and picked up their chart to document their vitals with the efficiency of a well-trained professional.

I was proud of her and impatient to find out exactly what she had been doing on her assignments over the twelve month that we had been out of action.

Axel was seated beside my bed and split his attention and his bird and ours, "She is a amazing young woman," he murmured watching as she ruffled Dimitrius' hair and laughed at something that Mr Korba said.

I nodded and looked over at him, "Yours seems wonderful as well."

He barked a laugh and then cowered under the disapproving look that Mrs Green shot him, "She is at that and she's all ours."

I wondered at his meaning and found Kayli within the room; she moved from each of team members and I watched with new interest as she easily sought their attention and affection. It reminded me sharply of the way that Sang was, or had been, with my brothers. I snapped my next around to Axel and found his gaze now on me. His head nodded slowly, with comprehension, "I thought it might be that way with you guys after I saw how Sang was while you were in here. It seems that we both are following the footsteps of Mr Anderson's team."

I was reluctant to discuss our relationship with Sang but I had the feeling that whatever I said would be kept with the strictest confidence, "I believe they all love her. I'm just uncertain now how she feels about us; for her, its been so long since we last spoke but for me and the rest of my brothers only a night has passed."

His eyes held a sympathetic glint, "I can safely say that she's yours. She's been approached by nearly every team in the Academy and she was never tempted to leave your side. And I also know that she has the interest of a godly number of males and she's never shown any in return," he looked at her as she approached us with her eyes on my chart, "I don't think any of you have anything to worry about."

I could only hope that he was right.