Part 18

I paced between the end of the beds like a stalking tiger while a group of nurses and doctors swarmed the room to check each of the boys.

I had been relieved by the interruption because my own blood pressure had steadily rising as each of the boys exclaimed in disbelief as I tried to tell them about the fact that I had gotten special dispensation to stay as a Lone Agent until their status became Active once more and I could officially be absorbed into their team.

“Baby, tell me again how you know Russian and why the fuck you’re swearing at us!” North growled and swatted at the doctor hovering near his side, “Can you just fuck off for a second?”

I swivelled to point a finger at his face, “Don’t swear at the doctor! I just told you that I joined the Academy and that they’ve been giving me private lessons.

What did you think they were going to teach me? Knitting?”

He growled again, “Why am I getting yelled at?”

I flung my hands into the air in exasperation, “A whole year and you haven’t changed. I’m yelling because you’re yelling. And I’m not even yelling,” I finished on a yell.

Gabriel snorted out a laugh and I turned to my next victim, “Don’t you start. How many times did I tell all of you that you were it for me! I’m never going to leave you. After the hell that I have been through in the past twelve months…” I snorted, “Rrrr, the first thing you do is insult me! Maybe I shouldn’t have bothered!”

“Woah, settle down, Peanut,” Nathan soothed and I felt like throwing my lovely three inch heels at him, “We just misunderstood. It’s rare for anyone to be given Lone statue, especially a bird.”

I waved dismissively at him, “Not for a ghost bird apparently.”

"You know about that?" Kota winced.

I had so much to say to them, so much to tell them but first I had a duty to do. I turned to Dr Roberts who was standing with Mr Blackbourne, “Did you ring them?”

He turned away from his patient and nodded, “All except for the Green’s. They’re out of reach at the moment.”

I thought that over. Sean’s parents deserved to know that they’re son was awake, “I’ll try them. Are they all coming?”

“Yes.”

“Even Mr Griffin,” I asked with trepidation and winced as Nathan began to shout, “What the fuck do you mean Mr Griffin? Why is he in Charleston?”

I ignored him for a second and watched as Phil nodded again, this time with weariness, “Him too. I’ve informed security.”

“Excellent,” I faced my Honey, “Calm down Nathan. You’ve been asleep for a year. A year. You’re father has been back for most of that.”

Quiet filtered from all of the boys, “Where are you living Miss Sorenson? I assume, or at least, I hope that you haven’t been living with him this whole time.”