[8] 𝐁𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐦

Sweeter than heaven
Hotter than hell

Sweeter than heavenHotter than hell

ARABELLA

"Hey, sweetheart!" A weird male voice said. "Wanna come over to my place tonight so we can do the project and maybe... something else?" Like what? "Like watch a movie or bake?" I asked, unsure of what he was implying.

Shoving his hands in his pocket, he replied, "something like that. Maybe retreat to the newsroom and have... a little fun." He was getting closer to my face with each word. "Maybe lose your sexy little dress and lay completely-" Before he could finish his sentence, a dark hand clamped on his shoulder. In a blink of an eye, the boy from before was on the floor being hit by a well-built body. After a couple of hits, I realised it was Kade. Oh no, he'll get hurt. Tears welled in my eyes at the thought. Breaking into a fit of cries, I pleaded Kade to stop. Pummelling fists were all I could focus on, I could only hope Kade hadn't got hurt.

Eventually, my pleads were heard and Kade dropped the nearly unconscious boy. When his raging eyes landed on me, it was evident they softened and held a hint of regret. I couldn't help but flinch when he closed In on me. I don't know why but I suppose it was instinct. The minute I flinched though, his eyes held remorse and something else I couldn't quite decipher. Slowly bending down, he collected me in his muscular arms and left the classroom.

I buried my head in his chest, so I wasn't too sure where we were going but I felt him sit down on low ground. So I'm guessing the floor. I sobbed for a couple more minutes, yes I'm a crybaby, but I was starting to feel chilly. As if he knew what I was thinking, Kade covered my legs with his denim jacket, that I'm definitely keeping (mainly because it smells like him).

Kade kept repeating little apologies in my ear and I could genuinely tell how bad he felt.

Sitting up, I grabbed his face, that sported a slight stubble, I said softly, "it's okay Kadey but please don't do that again. I thought you would get hurt and I like you too much for that. Your handsome face would get ruined. Oh, if you want me to forgive you then you have to buy me ice cream". That's a lie, I already forgive him but I just want ice cream.

Nodding his head, we spoke for a couple more minutes and went back to class, well I dragged him back to class. He just wanted to 'chill' on the floor for the rest of the day.