31| a night to remember

TIME

TIME

Noun

1.      The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.

2.      A point of time as measured in hours and minutes past midnight or noon.

8:06 a.m. January 10th, 2021

People were rushing, brushes were being prodded at my face, my hair was being pulled. It was a complete and utter disaster.

At 6 a.m. this morning, my mother had woken me up for us to drive to the hotel where the debutante ball was being held, and to say I was in a mood would be an understatement. I hate being woken up too early because it feels as though I never have enough sleep, even if I do sleep the recommended 8 hours. The worst part of it all is it's my eighteenth birthday today and I was supposed to spend it with my friends and partying, but no. I have to attend a fucking ball. The fact I haven't even seen any of my friends, apart from Evie, is so annoying.

I was not excited at all for this ball. I had to walk out with my date, Sebastian of course, at a specific time when they call my name. Then, after all of the girls have been introduced, we have to perform a slow dance with our partners. Finally, after all of the fun is over, we can have our meals, which will most probably consist of tiny ass meals which cost way too much.

"Stephen, could you not lay my makeup on thick please? I hate it when that happens, I feel like a clow," I smiled innocently at him as he picked up the beauty blender from his mini make up suitcase.

"Alexandra, darling. I have been your personal event stylist for years, I think I know how to do your make up," he said as he held a hand up to his heart in mock hurt. I chuckled slightly at his action, rolling my eyes at his cockiness.

"So, where's that hot piece of ass you call your boyfriend?" Stephen asked me with a smirk laying on his lips. I laughed at his words, punching him lightly in the shoulder.

"Hey, this is my make up shoulder! Don't destroy the money maker," he scoffed at me as I rolled my eyes in return.

"I actually don't know where Sebastian is. He might be in one of the other dressing rooms getting ready, but I don't think he is," I answered his previous question as I pulled out my phone to ring him. He answered on the third ring, and soon enough his groggy voice fills my ears.

"Hey baby," his gravelly morning voice greets me, and I smiled at the sound.

"Hi Sebby. Where are you?" I asked him quickly, knowing that he was still in bed and not at the venue. I heard him mutter 'fuck' under his breath, and I instantly began smiling mischievously as I knew that I caught him.

"I'm uh, at the venue. Where are you, I can't find you?" he had the balls to lie to me. I could hear quick shuffling on the other side of the phone as I thought of a way to easily catch him on his lie.