Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Scribe sat cross legged across from Aizawa, but held her mind as separate as possible from his. She knew, instinctively, that she would not land in Shigaraki's mind with Aizawa in tow. In fact, truthfully, she would be lucky to find him at all.

Hard to believe I ever would think I would be lucky to find Tomura Shigaraki's mind.

You're not concentrating on your goal. Aizawa sounded dry.

She started. If he could hear her thoughts she definitely wasn't doing a good job keeping her mind separate from his. Still, she couldn't help smiling a little. You're not making this easier. She cracked an eye to see him in his black shirt with the v-neck, his hair tied back in a loose ponytail.

He met her gaze. You could have asked me to leave but instead you wanted me to stay.

Her smile faded. He was right. And she had not asked him to stay to distract her. She inclined her head and closed her eyes. Let's get this done then.

She spent some time concentrating on her breath. After a while it became so much a part of her conscious thinking that it took over. She faded into it, aware only of the life it gave her, the strength she drew from it...

She was alone on the black plain she'd been on once before. Tomura?

It was his mind, but he wasn't there. What did that mean? Was Cameron right? Was Tomura planning something? But even if he was, what could make him absent from his own mind?

She turned slowly, looking around at the sad blackness she remembered from before. The only slightly lighter part of it was where she stood now. She stopped when she heard a light rustle.

Tomura emerged from the darkness. He wore his long black coat, and he'd obviously been in a battle. The hand he wore over his face was gone, revealing multiple scratches and scars. He looked tired but somehow...energized. Full of purpose. And when he saw her, his expression remained bland. Something had changed.

I have changed. He stepped toward her. I am changing. Hello, pretty.

He didn't sound the same. And he seemed to know what she was thinking almost as soon as she thought it. She felt herself flinch. Hello, Tomura.

You shouldn't be here. His eyes scanned her, but it wasn't with the same almost regretful hunger as the last time she saw him. I'm not the same.

I can feel that. She narrowed her eyes. What happened, Tomura?

He didn't answer, looking away and shoving his hands into his pockets. Why did you come looking for me now? His eyes narrowed. Ah, your brother. His lips curved. Tell him I'll be along to take care of him when I'm done in Japan. He started to turn away.

Tomura, wait!

Wait, pretty? Wait for what? I'm done waiting. He swung around and took a step toward her. Why should I wait for you? He took one hand out of his pocket, tilting his head so the overgrown bangs fell away from his red eyes. Are you coming home?

Her heart thudded strangely at the question. He wasn't just asking her if she was coming back to Japan and that woke the ache in her chest. He wanted home to mean him. Is it really possible I've missed Tomura this much?

Missed me? He grinned as if none of it mattered. I admit, I didn't think that would be the case. Figured our relationship was more one-sided than not. He turned away.

She grasped for something to keep him there. She needed to find out what was happening to him. You told me once you couldn't hurt me. If you hurt Cameron, you'll hurt me.