Chapter 4

I had things. I thought was amazing, at first. I knew, I was not myself when I was with one, and I was all the right things, with the other. I don't know, what to do when he gets here from L.A. I just want to know, if he likes me for who I am. I knew, how to handle a no when it's coming up. But this time, I wasn't so sure, if he's even coming. I mean, it's an opportunity to release his album in London, and other places. I don't know, anything, anymore. I called him, twice but he didn't pick up. This time, I called him again. He picked up.

"Hey, Bruno. What's up?" I say.

"You called me, two times today. What's wrong, Barbie?" he say, joking around with me.

"Nothing, Ken."

"Hahaha, you're such a comedian, Lyne."

"Ha! Yeah! And so are you, you little hawaiian devil."

"Ok, I'll have to go, and meet you there."

"Fine, go!" I smile.

Damn... damn... damn... Moi got a crush on Bruno, oh no, that wasn't supposed to happen, this early. No, no, no, no! NO WAY! I mustn't do this to myself. Well, maybe a little bit, but damn I could, if I want to. When the girls walked in with their assistant, Keri Jones.

"Who were you talkin' to on the phone, Lyne?" Keisha asks.

Damn, Keisha. She asks way too many questions about the Smeezingtons and my recent phone calls and text messages.

"Uhh.. Ari. We always joke around about Bruno and Janelle," I lie.

"Wait, whose Janelle?" Keisha says.

"Wow, Janelle is just amazing, girl," I say, to her about Janelle Monae.

"Whose Ari?"

"You'll find out, pretty soon, dear."

I wanted to tell her that Ari wasn't Ari on the phone, but I couldn't. She's gonna flip when she find out, the truth about me and my life, right now.