10

Richie's POV

Eddie Kaspbrak will be the death of me. I can't complain though. I would rather die a slow, painful death in the hands of Eddie instead of being killed as quickly as possible in the hands of anyone else.

Eddie put the cheap microphone away and skipped to the rest of the group. Skipped. "I n-need some fo-food." Bill stated. "I got something for everyone." Beverly said before walking to a tote bag hanging on the doorknob in the basement.

"Big Bill, starburst and kettle chips." Bill smiled at Beverly's words. "Ben, classic potato chips." Ben quietly cheered. "Richie mother fucking Tozier, pork rinds, you nasty bitch." I smiled, she always remembers all the small things about us, including our favorite cheap gas station food.

"Eddie. Don't think I forgot about you. After hearing Richie talk about you non-stop and just looking at you I think I can determine your favorite gas station food." Eddie raised an eyebrow, "You think you can?" Eddie asked. "Don't underestimate me Eddie." Beverly smiled.

"You want to rebel against your parents in every way without getting in major trouble. One of those ways is eating junk food. Kitkat and cheetos." Beverly held up the items.

Eddie gasped, "How did you know?" Eddie questioned as Beverly tossed the items to Eddie. Beverly giggled but didn't answer Eddie's question.

We all sat in a small circle in the middle of the basement. "Eddie." I whispered. "What?" Eddie asked. "Hand me your cheetos." I said. "What? Why?" Eddie questioned. "Just give them to me." I stated. Eddie sighed and handed me the bag.

I took one cheeto and held in the air. Eddie raised an eyebrow. "What're doing?" Eddie asked. "Open wide." I said with a grin. It clicked in Eddie's head. He sighed and opened his mouth.

I aimed and tossed the orange chip directly into Eddie's mouth. Eddie raised an eyebrow at me. "Is this one of your weird talents?" Eddie asked me. "You know it Eddie spaghetti." I grinned and handed Eddie his bag of chips.

~

THIRD PERSON POV

The night was slowly coming to an end.

Bill was falling in and out of sleep on the cold floor. Ben and Beverly were holding each other up and slowly dancing. Richie and Eddie were leaned against the wall and whispering to eachother. But, something was off with Eddie.

He was nervously tapping his foot and constantly looking at his watch.

"You okay Eds?" Richie asked as he wrapped an arm around Eddie's shoulder. "Yes." Eddie bluntly said. Richie knew that he was a lieing. "It's okay if there's something wrong. You don't need to tell me but don't be ashamed or anything." Richie babbled. "I'm okay Richie." Eddie said in a soft voice. Richie nodded and smiled when he felt Eddie's head rest on his shoulder.

"I should drive everyone home." Beverly said as she pulled away from Ben. "Come on losers, let's get in the van."

~

Bill got dropped off first. He gave a lazy hug to everyone, even Eddie, and walked to his front door.

Ben was next. All of his lights were on except for one, the living room light. Ben groaned, "Dad must be up. I'll see you guys later." Ben kissed Beverly's cheek annd waved to everyone else.

Eddie lived really close to Ben, so he was next. His nerves never went away. The closer the van got to his house the more his leg bounced up and down. "You okay?" Richie asked. Eddie wordlessly nodded. When they pulled into Eddie's driveway Eddie sighed. Richie got out of the van and opened the door for Eddie. "I had a good time with you." Richie whispered. "I did too." Eddie admitted. "I have something for you." Richie said. "You do?" Eddie asked.

EDDIE'S POV

Richie's surprisingly soft hand caressed my cheek. I could melt.

I felt Richie's breath against my lips. I gulped and looked into Richie's eyes. "Well, are you gonna kiss me?" I asked with a smile.

Richie didn't say a word. Instead, he placed his chapped lips against mine. I smiled into this kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck. This is everything I wanted. How have I gone so long without this?

Sadly, the kiss had to end. Richie pulled away. "I'll see you soon Eddie spaghetti." Richie winked. "You can't kiss me and then call me spaghetti." I pointed out. "I just did." Richie smiled and kissed my cheek.

I didn't want him to leave. Richie Tozier just momentarily cured me from all of my worries. But, when that van door closed, all of my fears came back.

I slowly walked to the front door. When i opened it I heard the loud snores of my mother, and the TV playing a shitty relaity show.

I sighed and slowly walked up the stairs. "Eddie bear? Is that you?" I heard a voice ask me. "Shit." I whispered under my breath. "Yes. It is." There was a short pause. "Come down here." My mother said in a stern voice. I, of course, obeyed.

"Why are you still awake? Why are you dressed up? Where were you?" My mother smothered me in questions. "I was just here mommy. These are just my clothes." I prayed she couldn't smell the weed or alcohol in my breath.

"Don't lie to me!" Her voice raised. I flinched at the volume. "I-I'm not." I tried to convince her. "Go to bed. Don't try to leave that room until the morning." She demanded.

I ran up to my room and silently closed the door. I'm not one to slam my door shut and stomp around when I'm mad. I sat in the middle of my room with my eyes closed. Maybe if I just breath deeply and slowly all the pain will go away. Right?

Richie's POV

We drove away from Eddie's house. The way he was so nervous made me worry about him. Was he nervous to go home? Was he nervous to be alone? Why was Eddie nevous?

My worries almost made me forgot that I kissed him. I kissed Eddie! "Richie. I think that is the most action you have ever gotten." Beverly teased. "I've done more with your mom." I said. Beverly chuckled and parked in front of my house. "I'll see you soon." Beverky said. "Yeah you will." I ruffled Beverly's hair and walked to my house.

I opened the door and as I expected. No one was home. I sighed and ran to my bedroom. I belly flopped onto my bed and sighed. I hope Eddie is okay.

AN

If you have any tips, advice, or ideas

COMMENT HERE

-GROOVYLADY