CHAPTER SEVEN; parties

~Y/N's POV~

"So we're throwing a party now?" I asked, taking a seat next to Malcom.

"Well yeah. Got to celebrate Ced's success on the first task!" Anthony stated as if it was obvious.

"What're his favourite sweets?" Malcom asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You're his best friends, you should know." I said.

"Actually you're his best friend." Malcom pointed out. 'But what are they?"

"Uhhh, chocolate cauldrons I think."

"Brilliant. Thanks Y/N/N." Anthony grinned, while scribbling it down on a sheet of parchment.

"D'You reckon we could get some firewhiskey from the Gryffindors?" Another friend of Cedric's, Michael McManus asked.

"Y/N's friends with some Gryffindors." Anthony declared and I sighed.

"Really? Who?" Ernie McMillan, a fourth year, asked.

"George and Fred Weasley and Lee Jordan." I answered.

"No one says 'George and Fred'. Fred always goes first." Justin Flinch-Fletchley sneered.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"I don't know, because he's cooler?" Ernie said as if I were stupid. "But who cares? They're twins, basically the same person."

That made my blood boil. He did not just say that.

"Just because they're identical twins does not make them the same person!" I growled. "They are very different in multiple ways."

"Name one then." Justin sneered.

"George likes Astronomy, Fred doesn't. Fred is louder than George. Fred would 100% blackmail someone and George maybe a 50/50 chance. George is calmer than Fred and makes less dirty jokes." I noted. "There are so many more things too. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean they're the same."

"Sounds like you're in love with them." Justin snorted and Ernie laughed.

"Piss off." I then went up to my dorm without another word.

———

"Come on Y/N! It's for Cedric!" Gwen dragged me out of our room and down to the common room where everyone was cheering as Malcom and Anthony lifted Cedric onto their shoulders.

"Who wants me to open the egg?" Cedric exclaimed and everyone cheered. "You do?"

My brother then slowly turned the top of the egg and when it popped open, a long, loud screeching sound was heard.

"CEDRIC SHUT IT!" Anthony yelled, dropping Cedric and covering his ears. He frantically shut the egg and the screeching stopped.

"Bloody hell. Sounded like you in the shower, Ced." I said with a laugh.

"I dunno. Sounded more like dad, d'you think?" Cedric laughed too.

"So you've got to battle dad for the next task. Cool." I grinned jokingly.

"Well we know dad won't hurt me."

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm obviously his favourite." Cedric grinned sarcastically.

"Remind me, who got juice because they weren't sleeping in before the Quidditch Cup?" I asked.

"Right. I forgot juice decides the favourites in our house." Cedric rolled his eyes and I giggled. I then wrapped my arms around my brother.