n i n e

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

THE PLAN
' I think you mean Nazi's?'

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"The shadow monster." Dustin said as Mike grabbed the picture.
"It got Will that day on the field. The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him." Mike was getting at something.
"And so this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max asked whilst looking at the drawings on the walls.
"To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything."
"Whoa. Slow down. Slow down." Steve interrupted. Everyone was getting a bit ahead of themselves.
"Okay, so, the shadow monster's inside everything. And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does Will."
"And so does Dart." Lucas said.
"Yeah. Like what Mr. Clarke taught us. The hive mind."
"Hive mind?" Ashley asked. "I'm not following."
"A collective consciousness."
"It's a super-organism." Ash said, finally realising what everyone meant.
"And this is the thing that controls everything. It's the brain."
"Like the mind flayer." Dustin added.
"The what..?" Steve and Max said at the same time.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"The mind flayer." Dustin said once everyone was around the table.
"What the hell is that?" Hopper asked.
"It's so ancient that it doesn't even know it's true home. Okay, it enslaves races of other dimensions by taking over their brains and using its highly-developed psionic powers." Dustin explained. Everything fits. Ashley finally understood everything. Thank god I used to play this game when I was young, she thought to herself.
"Oh my god, none of this is real. This is a kids game." Hopper said in the same condescending tone as her father.
"No, it's a manual, and it's not for kids. And unless you know something that we don't, this is the best metaphor-"
"Analogy." Lucas interrupted.
"Analogy? That's what you're worried about?" Dustin asked. "Fine. An analogy for understanding whatever the hell this is."
"Okay, so this mind flamer thing-" Nancy began.
"Flayer. Mind flayer." Dustin corrected Nancy.
"What does it want?" She sighed.
"To conquer us basically. It believes it's the master race."
"Like the Germans." Steve said. Ashley face palmed herself and put her hand on Steve's shoulder.
"I think you mean Nazi's?" Ashley corrected him.
"Yeah, whatever, the Nazi's."
"If the Nazi's were from another dimension, totally. It views other races, like us, as inferior to itself."
"It wants to spread and take over other dimensions." Mike helped Dustin with the explanation as Hopper groaned in the corner.
"We are talking about the destruction of our world as we know it." Lucas emphasised.
"That's great. That's great. That's really great. Jesus!" Steve yelled. Ashley rubbed his back to call him down. Anger isn't what we need right now, she thought.
"Okay, so if this thing is like a brain that's controlling everything, then if we kill it..." Nancy took the book and started looking at the page.
"We kill everything it controls."
"We win."
"Theoretically."
"Great, so how do you kill this thing? Shoot it with Fireballs or something?" Hopper took the book of Nancy and sarcastically asked.
"No, no, no fireballs." Dustin smirked. "Uh, you summon and undead army, because- because zombies, you know, they don't have brains, and the mind flayer, it- it likes brains. It's just a game. It's a game." Ashley sighed as Dustin stumbled over his words.
"What the hell are we doing here?" Hopper moaned.
"I thought we were waiting for your military backup!"
"We are!"
"Even if they come, how are they gonna stop this? You can't just shoot this with guns!" Mike yelled.
"You don't know that, we don't know anything!"
"We know it's already killed everybody in that lab."
"We know the monsters are gonna molt again."
"We know that it's only a matter of time before those tunnels reach this town." All three of the boys spoke together.
"They're right. We have to kill it. I want to kill it." Joyce said as she walked out the other room.
"Me too. Me too, Joyce, but how do we do that? We don't exactly know what we're dealing with here."
"No, but he does. If anyone knows how to destroy this thing, it's Will. He's connected to it, he'll know it's weakness." They all walked to look at Will on the bed, and realised what they had to do.
"I thought we couldn't trust him anymore? That's he's a spy for the mind flayer now."
"Yeah, but he can't spy if he doesn't know where he is."

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·