Chapter 2

-Louis Point of View-

You know, I'm used to the glares Niall and I get. The small talk that happens when we're in a public place. Besides our shop. Personally though, It's annoying. People just sit there and gawk at us like we're some type of rare species. We have eyes. We can see you staring at us. Our ink doesn't associate with who we are underneath. Mindlessly however, we entered Anna's with a few irises roaming over our skin. But for my own sake, I dismissed it quickly.

"Lou! Ni! How are you guys?" Megan greeted. Megan was Anna's daughter. Anna being the owner of course. But, Megan was a waitress, and she was also a good friend. We had given her 3 ink masterpieces. Course, I say that because she's my client. Though, when her mother saw she wasn't exactly happy about how we gave her the tattoos. But then again, what mother would want their baby to get a tattoo? Not any mum I know. Eventually Anna evened out though, and everything was pretty chill from then on.

"We're alright Megs." Niall answered on both mine and his behalf. He gave her a quick half hug and a peck to the cheek and I followed the same route. When I pulled away, I noticed people snickering nearby and gawking at us. But, like I always do, I dismissed it.

"Off to table 7 then shall we?" She chirped ushering us into the back. Our usual table. It was quiet and secluded, just like us. As we passed the siting customers, I heard a conversation that wasn't particularly favourable on my account. As if I was meant to hear itZ

"Those boys are disgusting hood rats. That girl is going to end up in jail or pregnant if she hangs around those people"

A man muttered. I stopped beside their table with clenched my fists. Eyebrows shooting up.

"Those people? Enlighten me, define those people. Because a second ago I thought I just heard you talk about Megs sexuality. Care to talk about that? Hmm?" I snarled, anger brewing in my voice. The men at the table faces changed dramatically. I noticed Niall give me a pleading glare not to start a fight here.

"U-Um." The man cleared his throat. "I have no idea what your talking about."

"Oh damn right you don't-"

"Lou, please?" Megan beseeched. I removed myself from the strangers table, back to my own seeing a red faced Megan with 2 menus and a specials slip.

"Sorry, won't happen again." I promised, slouching down into the booths leather-like structure. She gave a small smile before heading off back to the front. Niall stared at me as I ran my finger over a tattoo on my hand. "What?" I asked smiling. He grinned

"You love to start fights, don't you?" He laughed slightly looking at the menu.

"Come on Ni! They were being dicks." I defended. Niall shook his head.

"Maybe you should try being a lover not a fighter mate." I scoffed and sat back on the booth.

"Not everyone isn't as lovely as you Niall. Sometimes your bites gotta be bigger than your bite." Niall chuckled staring down at his memorised menu.

"Whatever you say Lou."

-Harry's Point of View-

"That was good. Thanks Li." I praised. He returned the gesture as we awaited for the bill. Standing up and pulling out a few notes from his back pocket before he glanced over my shoulder, his face lighting up.

"Hey that's Ni!" Liam grinned.

"Who?" I asked. My face contorted into confusion.

"Niall. He did my tattoos. One sec." Liam set the bills on the table, before walking over to a blond boy, with purple streaks in his quiff and gauges. He looked intimidating, however he and Liam shared a brief hug. He slid his hands in his pockets seconds after and appeared to be nodding. Then, he and Liam strolled over pausing right in front of me.

"Niall, this is Harry. Harry, Niall. He's thinking about getting a tattoo." I stuck out my hand for a shake, but Niall went in for daps, which was a bit awkward for a first meeting.

"Nice. Whatcha thinking?" He was Irish. Really Irish. That's new news for me. My mouth opened to reply, but no words came out. Niall grinned. "Undecided. Hey what's your favorite song bud?" He asked.

"Free falling by John Mayer." I replied bashfully. Liam itched at the back of his neck, Niall clearing his throat.

"You could write like 'Free' on your inner wrist or forearm or summat." He suggested I pondered it. I looked at my wrist and rubbed it the soft. "We can always do stencils if you aren't sure yet. And it's always up to the customer. No pressure." He replied. Liam nodded.

"I like the idea." I smiled, Liam agreed

"It'd might look nice." Liam added. Niall nodded, smile twirling onto his pierced lip.

"Alright, swing by the shop tomorrow whenever you're not busy. Lou and I 'ill whip up a sketch or summat for you. Yeah? But I gotta run now, I'll catch you later boys." Niall gave a quick daps to Liam before jogging off. I watched as Niall stood up with beside a boy. His hair was died dark as night and he had a museum of tattoos on his arms and neck and so on. He had plugs too, but little ones 8 mm maybe?

"Lou?" I said.

"His partner. He works with him at the shop." Liam informed

"Lot of ink for just 2 boys." Liam raised his eyebrow as he took a swig of his soda.

"Don't be judgemental Harry. Plus Niall is really nice. Can't deny he's quite fit too." My eyes widened and my jaw slacked at his statement.

"Liam, please tell me you aren't crushing on your tattoo artist!" I groaned. Liam grinned. "That's gotta be danger zone or something."

"I don't think he's gay anyways. So you can hush up curly." The waitress cane and collected our bill for the meal, and we trudged back to our dorm.

I can't believe I'm gonna get a tattoo tomorrow

-

"Nervous?" Liam asked me as we approached the same area as last night. I shrugged.

"Does it hurt?" I asked.

"Usually. It depends where you get it. Some parts of your body are more sensitive because of the bone. Like your ribs and your wrist." He stated. A bell chimed as we entered the shop. It smelt like stale cigarettes and leather. And another smell I couldn't put my finger on. Niall was tattooing a young man in a chair when he saw us come in. He waved a purple latex hand at us before twisting his head to the back of the shop.

"Lou!" Niall called out. And from the beaded curtains of the back room, emerged probably one of the most beautiful boys I had ever seen.

His eyes were an intoxicating shade of blue, defined with a smudge of black kohl on his waterline. He had the union jack as a design for his plugs. His fitted black t-shirt that showed off his arms coated in ink. Skulls, birds, flames. Words and roses and everything. His whole body told a story. He greeted us with a bright smile.

"Hey Liam nice seeing you again. Harry right?" The boy asked. I nodded breathlessly. "I'm Louis. People call me Lou. Niall calls me whatever nickname he comes up with for the day. And since you're here for a tattoo, I guess you should follow me then." I wandered behind Louis as Liam gave me a reassuring smile and plopped down on the leather sofa in the front. Louis guided me to his station, pulling up a chair for me. "So tell me about it."

"Umm well, Niall said since my favorite song is free falling I should get free on my arm." Louis gave me a look like I had 10 heads.

"Harry, what do you want. Not what Niall suggested, what do you think you want?" He asked. I racked my brain for something that meant a lot to me.

"We'll there's this one thing. It's still song related but-"

"Well spit it out mate."

"Won't stop til we surrender"

He smiled.

"That's better." He told me. He grinned picking up a book and flicking through a few pages. "Pick your font and I'll type it up okay?" I nodded. I selected a cursive font, watching him type it out and print it on special paper. He passed the paper off to me and watch my face light up.

"I really like that. I really really like that." I told him. He grinned.

"We said you wanted on-where sorry?" He asked

"Left bicep." He nodded. He ushered me over to a chair.

"Shirt off my friend." I pulled off my grey t shirt, along with my beanie, and watched him prep the area. He placed the template to my skin. He watched me. "Ready?" He asked I nodded. He pulled off the paper, revealing my soon to be tattoo on my bicep.

"It looks great." He wheeled his stool back taking a look at it.

"Now are you sure you're really and truly ready?" He asked. I took one last glance at the stencil.

"Positive." He got the tattoo gun and ink out. I sat back in the chair extending my arm. The tattoo gun began as I prepared to have myself inked.