Strings

Helen looks up as her things were thrown by the girl in the management department.

They are on the emergency stairs away from the other people's eyes.
Helen was pushed down as she looked at the three girls who blocked her way.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Helen clenched her fist.

The girls behind the girl in the middle laughs .
The girl in the middle steps forward.
Petite, beautiful, fair skin, small waist.
She's always been the most beautiful in the company until Helen came and even became the boss's secretary.
How can she accept?

Claire walks in front of her. And kicks the box that fell when she fell down.

Her things scatters around.

Helen stands up and pauses.
She looks at Claire.
"What's your problem?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't notice it there. You should not leave your things unattended or people will think they were trash left behind by others."
She smirks and flips her hair.

Helen snorted and went to pick her stuff.
She is slowly taking down her things to let Joshua, the boss's new secretary, get space for his stuff.

She accepted a generous deal from the boss to work in the company branch abroad. She is not sure how she got the opportunity since she is new in the company and barely has any impression from the boss.
But she grabs the chance instantly. Not even letting Ian regret.

She knows that so many people hated her after being promoted so fast.
An additional reason for her fast acceptance is due to that weird rumor about her and the boss.

She is glad to be able to escape it.

"Don't act as if you don't know. How can you suddenly get a recommendation from the boss? It's obvious that you use pillow talk!" The girl behind points at her.

"What pillow talk? The boss gave me this opportunity without asking for anything. I have a clean conscience!"

"Clean conscience my ass! The manager already told Claire that the two people that recommended is her and a girl from the accounting department. So how can it suddenly be you?" The other girl shouted.

Helen doesn't know how to react.
She looks at them speechless.

"What's wrong? Are you unable to talk now?" Claire glares at her.

"I don't…."-I don't know.
Helen felt wronged.
She has no idea.
The boss just asked her if she wanted to grab the opportunity.
She never wanted to steal resources from others.

She stood up seriously.
"I did nothing wrong!" Whatever they say, she knows that she did nothing wrong.
So even if they fight her she will not shy away or fear them.

"What is happening here?"
Ian frowns.
He saw Helen and her things lying on the floor and three other girls confronting her.

He just want to hurry to go down.since the elevator is loaded.
Today, his wife came to get him and invited him to eat lunch.
How can he let her wait after what happened last night.

But to his dismay, he encountered this event and what frustrates him more is that Helen is here.

He has no antagonized feelings toward Helen but his wife is too concerned about Helen and even talked about divorce?
He hasn't been married half a year and his wife wants divorce?
Drastic setting, needs drastic measures.

He pulled some strings and gave Helen the best 'go away' promotion he could pull.
This is so he won't feel bad sending her away for personal reasons.