Luis Mendoza

You were at your boyfriend's house on the Saturday afternoon after having helped your mom do some daily cleaning of the house. He came back several minutes after you arrived and was showering while you waited for him in his room. He had been playing hockey most of the morning with his friends in an old basketball court because like they usually did, the group couldn't seem to get enough of each other.

His childhood double bed always made you laugh as it was neatly made every morning yet he refused to switch the dinosaur sheets out for plain colored or patterned ones. You found it rather adorable that at seventeen Luis insisted on keeping those specific sheets. His bed was always comfortable and even if most times you found yourself sitting alone in his bed, it was still cozy, warm, and smelled just like him.

The LED light strips were mounted to the four corners of the ceiling and remained a dark blue hue that kept the bedroom lit enough to see yet dark enough to be relaxed. His bedroom wasn't extravagant with miscellaneous posters mounted everywhere from hockey players to random sports car you barely knew the name of to even rappers you also didn't quite know. He had hockey skates in the corner he'd sharpened the other day and forgot to put in his bag and a few of his jerseys were hung on the back of his closet door.

The boy walked into his room with water droplets covered his bare upper body as he wiped the remaining water from his shoulder. You found yourself staring at him, glancing away from your phone to see what he was doing. Your cheeks heating up with redness as you finally looked away, forcing yourself not to drool at his insanely hot abs and toned chest.

Dating a hockey player sure had it's perks.

"What you doing?" He asked you.

You shrugged your shoulders. "Watching videos."

Grabbing the Miami Panthers' fuzzy blanket from the end of the bed, you pulled it up over yourself and turned to lie on your side, scrolling through your phone again. The small TV played in the corner of the room, sitting on a wooden stand where his medals and trophies were displayed neatly. 

Luis pulled a pair of grey sweat pants on and a random red sweater, lifting the collar away from his neck loosely before walking over to his bed. His hair was damp and curling as it dried, his hand ruffling through it to loosen his curls before he came up to his bed. He threw himself down next to you as you glanced up, he shuffled around to find his phone and stared at the TV momentarily, a random TV show playing.

"What's this show?"

"Ugh..." You pondered. "Boy Meets World."

"Hm." He rolled his shoulders, not interested.

As you were comfortable lying on your side with the blanket, Luis had the brilliant idea to tug the blanket off you and toss it into the air. "Hey!" You whined, not realizing what he was doing. 

"Just a sec." 

Flattening the blanket out evenly, he rolled over to become closer to you and tucked the blanket back over yourself, and himself, too. A small smile formed at the corner of your mouth and you turned to lie on your back as he, again, rolled over to find a better seat.

You groaned quietly below your breath as he crushed your leg, settling down between your legs and lied back against your stomach. Your stomach had definitely sank as butterflies fluttered about, causing you to feel both anxious and relaxed. Your heart racing as he casually placed his hand to your knee, momentarily watching the TV show.

"It's not even like three in the afternoon and I'm already tired." He yawned, pulling his sweater hood up over his head as he shivered for a second.

"So have a nap."

You felt him shake his head. "You came over. I don't want to sleep and have you just sit around." 

The smile you thought was gonna disappear had definitely stayed as you lowered your head, placing a sweet kiss to the top of his head. "I don't mind. I'm still with you." 

You felt his finger trace circles on your thigh as he yawned again. "Your mom letting you stay over?"

"No." You giggled, wishing you could. "My mom would kill me."

You didn't care for the entire sexual part, well, you did, but the hopeless romantic you were fathomed about the other parts of a relationship. Like the way the boy would place his hand to your knee, kiss you from behind, dance in the rain with you, share popcorn at the movies or lie around on the couch together. 

It wasn't often boys tended to be soft and want something, and actually voice it's what they wanted. It melted your heart any time Luis did that, and if you could just lie in his arms and receive little kisses across the cheek, you were all for it. Nothing sexual needed to happen, the idea of just waking up beside him for the sake of simply sleeping by his side was enough to make you feel loved.

"Mhm." He mumbled. "I can handle your mom." He muttered.

"Think it's best I listen to her."

Luis lifted his head and looked up to you. "Tell her Imma come over, sleep in your bed with you. Like I don't even care if the door's wide open and she's checking on us every fricken hour, hell, I'm with you sleeping that's all." He was both sarcastic and sincere.

"Nice idea...Dream on, Luis."

"Ohhh," He excitedly spoke. "I will." He winked, leaning up and kissed you.

The butterflies continued to flutter as you pecked him back, letting him lie comfortable in your lap as you went back to your phone. You figured he was gonna fall asleep any minute anyway as he grew quiet, still tracing lines and circles across your thigh. 

"It's the weekend." He persisted.

You chuckled. "Parents don't do 'weekends'." She mentioned. 

It wasn't long before the yawning hockey player had fallen asleep in the warmth of your hold and with a smile, you reached forward and pulled the blanket up. Tucking it around him and left it loosely below his chin, fixing the hood of his sweater. The casual tracing of his finger along your leggings had slowly stopped, then continued, and repeated until he actually fell asleep.

The way his head bobbed had you giggling quietly to yourself and he would wake himself up with a small shock before falling back asleep. He did that several times until you told him to just sleep and stop fighting the urge to stay awake, that's when Luis lowered so he wasn't sitting so high and let himself sleep.

After almost an hour of scrolling through your phone, you fell asleep as well.