35

HOSU

He sat on the rooftop.

Didn't exactly know where else to escape to when he felt so empty and restless.

The boy- the man now- was itching for action.

He scratched at his skin, destroying it bit by bit. His eyes stung with irritation.

It'd been a long time since he felt sadness.

Since he felt a tear or two stream down his cheeks.

The still scarred skin on his face stung at the salty water.

It was summer.

It was supposed to be warm.

It was warm.

Why did he feel so cold?

"Tomura." Kurogiri called him, interrupting his chilling thoughts.

He turned, saw his accomplice made of shadows near him.

They'd just hired Stain.

Hired was a stretch of a word however.

And that night on that rooftop was supposed to be one where he could take a look at his handiwork for himself.

"Hm." Shigaraki hummed in acknowledgement.

"You mustn't be anxious-"

"I am not anxious in the slightest, Kurogiri." Shigaraki breathed, feeling the wind blow through the cracks in his skin as he peered down at the city below. "Once this night is over the world will have forgotten the name 'Hero Killer' forever."

Shigaraki never liked him.

In fact, Stain annoyed him.

Couldn't agree with his ideologies on a basic level.

"Stain wasn't what I was referring to." Kurogiri clarified.

Shigaraki growled in annoyance.

"Not this again."

"You haven't been well since you witnessed the events of the Sport's Festival. You should tell-"

"Tell master what!?" Shigaraki yelled, too loudly.

He was in casual clothing and it was night out and no one could hear them, but still his volume was a clear sign to Kurogiri that he wasn't wrong.

Tomura still hadn't fully recovered from what he'd seen.

Stalking off to the other side of the building, the boy- the man- sighed into the palm on his face, removing it and setting it down on the ledge for a moment before dragging his hands up and down his face.

"She got so much stronger." He said, almost as if he resented that girl he saw at the festival for her abilities. All because his master valued her power above his.

Shigaraki's nails dug into the skin beneath his eyes, his anxious, fearful energy needing to be let out somehow.

"She can't even control it!"

"Tomura." Kurogiri interrupted. "You cannot let your emotions get the better of you. You nearly passed out from watching her final battle."

"I was lightheaded. She had nothing to do with it."