Title : Back before Christmas

WRITERS NOTE

HEY CUTIES I STARTED THIS STORY AS A WHOLE BUT CUT IT OFF SHORT, BUT NO WORRIES CHECK THE COMPLETE PIECE ON THIS ACCOUNT @feedofaruq.

You will enjoy it better.

Hope you enjoy this too.

Love you 💙

The ambient glow and warmth of the Burning oak wood makes the coldest night a pleasure. An old man sitting on a wheelchair with his eyes peered to a photo album on his laps, reminiscing the memories of his grandkids and children, tears flowed down his wrinkled cheeks.

He craned his head up and took a glance of a beautiful scene through the window, the snow falls and the wind blows, all the city was decked up with star stringed lights.

"I can't wait for them to arrive" He muttered to his son who was sitting on a couch behind him.

"Hmmm" he said diverting his attention away from the magazine he was reading. "Did you say something, dad?" He added adjusting his specs.

"You're not bothered, are you?" Milo Michaelson said turning to face his son.

"Dad you already made it a tradition, we have no option" Carlos Michaelson said irritated.

"It's not my tradition, it's Christmas tradition son" he said staring at the photo album.

"Whether you like it or not, you gotta admit it's fun" he added.

Carlos shook his head in irritation and continue reading his magazine.

Milo felt bad about his son's reaction, he closed the album, held it tight to his chest looking through the window.

He closed his eyes and fall into a deep reminiscence, of his naughty grandkids, not all are naughty but most. Arianna the matured mannered young woman, Tomi the chubby cute angel yet savage, Piper the whiney, sassy and short-tempered, Spencer, my superhero😂, BATMAN of the Michaelson's family, lastly Kelsey, the witty, smart and adorable. 

"Carlos I need to talk to you, ASAP" Carla, Carlos wife roared in, break Milo's trance. Carlos rolls his eyes and stood on his feet obeying like a good dog or rather a puppet.

"What now Carla" he asked irritated.

"We should talk in our rooms, or my situation will be worsen" she said glaring at Milo.

Milo tilted to her side and scoffed, she never respect him a bit. He sighed and continue watching the scene outside the window.

"I told you not to be sarcastic to my dad on happy occasions, he's already sad with us not in support of the reunion" he spat.

She glared at him her hands on akimbo. Carlos and Carla were never a happy couple but had been acting ever since before married.

"Don't talk about your dad and the problem he's causing every Christmas, let's talk about the solution to the problem he caused" she mouthed exasperatedly

"What are you talking about?" He asked confused.

"Arianna couldn't come" she screamed.

I already know she can't make it today, and she's gonna be alright because she's with her cousins.

They keep fighting for the rest of the night, pointlessly. 

The wind blows and the sun gave a faint glow, the kids arrived merrily hugging and kissing their grandpa. Carla and Carlos kept glaring and huffing but welcomed their daughter with an open arms.

They all moved in to the leaving narrating their little journey to their grandpa's house and planning the next to his Farm house in fictionalized area Kelseyville,  in the northern part of California.

The sunset and the darkness contains, the whole family were sitting in the living room enjoying the warmth of the Burning oak.

"Come on my kittens" Milo said, the whole children gathered around him enjoying his warmth embrace.

"I promise that this Christmas is gonna be the best"  he muttered.

"Why do you say that?" Tomi asked beaming.

"Batman, go bring a red derive in a blue pouch on my nightstand" he said smiling ear to ear.

Batman went to his grandpa's room in a rush, absent-mindedly stormed in.

As he reached the nightstand, his mind went blank, in a state of confusion he took a blue derive in a red pouch.

He ran back to the living and handed over the pouch, Milo being an old lad with a feeble brain referred it to be the derive he asked Spencer(Batman) to bring.

He told them what the derive is all about and they got too excited and impatient to wait until Christmas.

Their bus arrived and they all packed up and left for Kelseyville, they all had fun except for Carla and Carlos who don't like the idea of celebrating Christmas with the whole family.

They arrived at noon and unpacked in a short time, the kids were still impatient so they invade their grandpa's room and took the derive, batman and Piper the lead.

They watched the video but didn't saw what they expect, now they realised batman took the wrong derive.

They mastered their fears and told their grandpa they had watched the video. Instead of Milo to be angry he's sad, the best and important part of Christmas was left at home.

The children got worried sick watching their granddad sad instead of happy, they all decided to go back to his home and grab the right derive.

They took off in the night leaving a note to their parents, explaining why they had to leave. Tomi, Piper, Spencer  (Batman) and Kelsey's parents were worried but a little bit proud of them because they've done it for the happiness of their granddad.

The children struggled, kicked away every obstacle in their way and made it to Milo's house in days, having the same journey they returned back before Christmas.

Their grandpa and parents were all happy and proud but upset they took the risk of going back to their granddad's house alone with no adult.

At last they watched the video, it contains all the fun and special moments of the last Christmas.

Carlos and Carla who were not really happy enjoyed it, just like Milo said.

They celebrate Christmas like never before.

Like I said for the Original story, check it out on this account  @feedofaruq

Love you 💙