Chapter 1: Human Sacrifice and Tacos

A pillow whacks me in the head.

"GET UP!!!"

A fuzzy image of Julie holding a large white rabbit appears in front of me.

"I got it! PELADOPHOBE!!!" 

"EMILY!"

The rabbit hits me again.

Oops. Julie is standing, hands on her hips, next to my bed, thrashing me with my own pillow. 

"Sorry, Julie. I thought it was a rabbit."

Julie sighs. 

"Fine."

See, this is why she's my best friend. Never forgets to wake me up on Tuesdays. Every Tuesday. I can never wake up on Tuesdays. I don't know why, but I can never wake up on Tuesdays. 

Julie taps me on the shoulder.

"We have school, you know."

"Oh."

By the time we get to school, I'm grumbling to Julie about how nobody our age has any imagination in name-calling. It's true. So sad... I miss the days of 'poo-poo face' and 'cucumber'. All those wonderful names gone to waste. 

To demonstrate, I tell her, I've been called a mutant pile of rodent sh*t, but never a psychopathic picklehead. For some reason, Julie doesn't share the same beliefs as I do. But, hey, she's still my best friend. And also my main gummy bear provider. A girl needs her sugar, especially in adorable squishy bear form. 

First period is History. I may not be completely sane on Tuesday mornings, but I know what's boring. I poke the head of the boy in front of me.

"Do you have a pillow?"

He shakes his head. Pouting, I whisper-scream at Julie, "I WANNA GO TO BED!"

She suppresses a grin and returns to copying Mr. Hughes's exceedingly dull outline. Blech. As soon as the period ends, I run up to Julie and rush out of the classroom.

"I will die, Julie, if I need to know one more thing about the American Revolution. I. WILL. DIE. I've learned like, one thing in the last 40 minutes."

Julie smiles and pokes me on the shoulder.

"Emilyyy..." She says, her grin getting wider by the second.

"What?"

"You're sane again..." Julie sings in a teasing voice.

There goes my good mood. Oh, yeah?

"The tofuian gods live off of two things: human sacrifices and tacos. They like the crispy kind."

HA! Who's 'sane again' now?

Fine, I admit it. I am pretty insane.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that wasn't that eventful, I sorta needed to set things up, and introduce Emily to you guys. Hope you like it!

Oh, and VOMMENT!!!

FYI, I DO read comments and I, for some reason, like it when you actually say something about my writing.