Author's Note & Darkly Devoted Series

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reading my book! This is the end although there might be an epilogue one day about Corrine and Ruth. This book was loosely based on my experience writing video game fanfiction back when I was in high school (I was a much more popular fanfiction writer than original fiction writer). 

Just about everyone in this book is based on people I actually met online and in real life in high school. Jessica especially is based on a real person but it was something that happened to me many years after high school. This person is perhaps one of the reasons I returned to Wattpad after so many years of absence. 

1-9-21 additional note (and I suppose for those who need trigger warnings):

I wanted to add a small note here about the encounter between Corrine and the subway groper in Chapter 1. Although this scene is fictional it is based on true events that really happened. I know this scene disturbed a lot of people and it was written in a way to be traumatic and memorable. I chose to start the book off with that scene for a reason. When I look back on my teen years, the sexual harassment my fellow students and I experienced while taking public transport has always been swept under the rug. I wanted to open with that scene to draw attention to it and that is why I decided to give it a prominent position in this novel.

Now, as for the questions as to why there isn't some kind of closure for that incident, the truth is me and my friends are still looking for that closure even though we're now in our forties. It wasn't even until the #metoo revolution that we realized that what happened to us back when we were 14-16 was wrong. Maybe by writing about it and by talking about it, we can finally warn the younger generation about it and achieve some closure. I don't know the answer to this question, it's one I'm still trying to figure out myself. 

On a light note --

If you want to read more books like this, I'll recommend checking out my Darkly Devoted series! It's not about sexy wolves but it is about sexy vampires. Darkly Devoted (Part 1) and Darkly Deceived (Part 2) are Paid stories but Part 3 is not. 

Darkly Wed is FREE to read if you are interested.