Abby. That's me. (:
I live for puffy white clouds, apple pie, endless music, God, my crazy family, my awesome friends, redecorating my room, Taylor Swift, smelling Yankee Candles, listening to bands no one's heard of, blak and white photographs, and, most of all, writing.
I'm not the best writer. I'm not going to write the next great American novel. However, I absolutely adore writing, and even if I never get a single thing published, it'll be okay, just because I love writing all that much. It's more of a hobby to me than anything else.
I'm an all around really nice, happy person. (: I definitley appreciate comments, constructive criticism, votes, and people becoming fans of my work! I just light up when I come on here and someone has done one of these things - it makes my day. But, please only vote or fan if you really, truly enjoy what I've written. Thank you. (:
My writing advice?
- Get outside. There is so, so much to write about in the world out there. Sometimes, we just have to get the fog off of our glasses and look a bit harder. Take a walk.
- Sit in a room you spend a lot of time in, and try to notice something new or interesting about that room.
- Don't expect every story to turn out amazing. Trust me.
- Ask the question, "What if..?". It's a great way to think of a story idea.
- Two words: SONG LYRICS. No, it is not copying if you take the lyrics from a favorite song and base a story off of them! I am currently working on a short story based on "Mine" by Taylor Swift. <3
- Talk to a grandparent. Mine always have tons of interesting stories to tell me. Did your grandfather fight in a war? What was the best day of your grandmother's life? Older people can be really wise and usually have great stories to tell.
Well, I guess that's about it. Hope you guys like my writing! :D