I Kind of skipped through my list and pulled out some of the ones that would be most helpful to you :)
Hi, Anna :)
It is difficult to become noticed here. And you'll find that "most" readers are just that - readers. They don't comment nor vote too often.
Here are some tips I would like to share with you:
1) There's a Share Your Story Club that allows you to advertise your stories; http://www.wattpad.com/club/38-share-your-story
2) And to Share Your Poems: http://www.wattpad.com/club/41-share-your-poetry
3) You can "advertise" or promote your works there. Refrain from advertising in the other clubs. They will be promptly removed.
5) Commenting on others' stories get you recognized! Many readers check out comments and click on profiles (of people who are reading the same books as them) to find more books to read. Keeping a positive attitude or giving constructive criticsm can entice someone to check out your profile! But *do not* promote your book or ask for reads on someone else's work.
9) Update often, maybe one chapter once or twice a week. Your story will appear under What's New & Newness categories with each new upload! It's like a "free" advertising!
11) Use applicable tag words. Some readers look for topics. Key words also give us clues about what we can expect to see or encounter in the tale. It's like a "teaser" of what to expect.
13) Choose the Best genres that fit the overall tones of your book. Categorizing it correctly will retain Real Fans to find and support you.
15) A suitable book cover; Check out the Book Cover Club: http://www.wattpad.com/club/30-book-cover
The Club has tips how to do it yourself, artists offering their services or you can solicit someone to work with you!
16) An awesome book trailer - it's like a movie preview for your book! Visit the Book Trailer Club: http://www.wattpad.com/club/37-book-trailer It also gets featured on youtube
Bounce ideas or questions off me anytime. REPLY to this comment to tag a msg to me or Click my Pic to send me a PM or post on my board :)