Sherlock Holmes Fans?

• sonateamour
    sonateamour
    3 years ago

If you are one please join in this discussion I am dying to know what you guys think of his infallible memory and his extraordinary genius or if you think that Mr. Watson is not dumb. He's just ordinary (it says so in wikipedia. Boo!) What's your favorite Sherlock Holmes Story?

• Fox-Trot-9
    Fox-Trot-9
    3 years ago

Oh, man, l freakin' love Sherlock Holmes. I've read a lot of Doyle's stories, and most of his novels. They're all so freakin' awesome.

Personally, I think Sherlock is a genius, but he is not 'infallible'; every once in awhile, he gets his deduction befuddled. And believe it or not, Sherlock has an older brother (Mycroft Holmes) who's even better at logical deductions than he is! It's just that Mycroft is very lazy, so Sherlock has to do a lot of the legwork.

And Watson is not dumb; if he really was dumb, Sherlock wouldn't allow him to be on his cases. And for favorite Sherlock Holme's stories, I actually have two: The Hound of the Baskervilles, and The Valley of Fear. The 2nd one had one hell of twist near the end; it blew my socks off.

• _Whispering
    _Whispering
    3 years ago

I hadn't read Sherlock Holmes in years. Seeing this got me started on it. If I remember correctly, I liked the Hound one and uhh one with this code made out of little guys? I forget what it's called...

• RRRRap
    RRRRap
    3 years ago

Oh, man i love those stories. I've read all of it.

The hound of Baskerville was written in a very gloomy and suspenseful style, but the overall case didn't impress me that much.

I personally liked the yellow face and the mustral grave. There are others which I can't remember. I would have liked the "dancing men" if only it weren't a second rate copy of "the gold-bug"

• sonateamour
    sonateamour
    3 years ago

@Fox-Trot-9 Yeah I know. The Scandal in Bohemia, he failed in that one. I think Irene Adler rocks. Or is that her name? I forgot. Yeah, Watson is not dumb, he's just ordinary I guess. Screw Nancy Drew mysteries. It's just too predictable. Sorry fans of ND. (:

• _peacelovelee
    _peacelovelee
    3 years ago

I love A Scandal in Bohemia and The Hound of Baskerville. I am a fan of Nancy Drew, but thats because I grew up with her.

• sonateamour
    sonateamour
    3 years ago

Anyways, I'm a fan of Hardy Boys too. I like it better than Nancy Drew. More exciting. Haha.

• AuroraBlackwood
    AuroraBlackwood
    3 years ago

OMIGOD I love Sherlock Holmes!:)

Who doesn't? (Well, except the author who tried killed him off.)

I don't think you could ask for a better character to have as a detective.

• eloisaodiada
    eloisaodiada
    3 years ago

I have completed the books. I mean, completed collecting but I haven't read a single one. I'm still finishing my other books. Can I get a trailer here? XD

• Zurc77
    Zurc77
    3 years ago

I'm probably one of the bigger Holmes fans you'll ever find. I am not the biggest, because I haven't read everything yet, but I definatly have read most of them. I have even learned a lot about his methods and apply them. Now I'm trying to write some stories of my own. @eloisaodiada I would say he's a thinker, he gets lots of strange things in life. They are almost all told by Watson except a few which are told by Holmes himself

• LallaSqueglia
    LallaSqueglia
    2 years ago

The Hound! And Holmes is awesome-I sought out a stuffed one to hug while I read the stories. :)

• _Bastcat13
    _Bastcat13
    2 years ago

@sonateamour i always loved "the woman" irene adler. Stylish yet classy. Also the start was so brilliant.

Sherlock Holmes was clever as they come

• postmother
    postmother
    2 years ago

Ahh I enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes series <33

• _Bastcat13
    _Bastcat13
    2 years ago

@susiejewsue Sherlock is hot... really should stop falling for fictional characters.

• _Bastcat13
    _Bastcat13
    2 years ago

@susiejewsue Sherlock is hot... really should stop falling for fictional characters.

• Eryanseries
    Eryanseries
    2 years ago

bold statement, but I'm possibly the biggest Holmes fan on here. Love the casebooks, even re-produced a few of them into my "Galactic Casebook of Sherlock Holmes" (I have a part of a case on here, will put more up if the demand and feedback warrant it), where we have a futuristic Victorian London that Holmes inhabits with his friend Dr Watson. A different look at the cases I guess!

My favorites include the Case of Black Peter, Case of the Red Headed League and The Beggar of Chelsea. I'm hoping to get hold of a few of the Russian produced versions (the character was huge there as several anti-revolutionary figures used the character to pass messages etc.). Not my sir ACD but very important historically and I guess more cases to go through!

• BirdyEdwards
    BirdyEdwards
    2 years ago

I have a little bit of a Sherlock Holmes collection. :3 Pipes, hats, books, movies, plushies, sewing patterns.

Watson's not ordinary! D: War hero, doctor, ladykiller, 1/2 of the greatest bromance ever. It's just hard to compete with Sherlock flippin' Holmes.

My favorite stories are probably The Empty House, The Blue Carbuncle (goose!), and Man With the Twisted Lip.

• postmother
    postmother
    2 years ago

Sherlock Holmes fanatic

• _Bastcat13
    _Bastcat13
    2 years ago

@thesoviets @BirdyEdwards @KristopherJames

I LOVE SHERLOCK

i think the best part of it is trying to solve the murders. You really gotta think outside the box

• AshlingHill
    AshlingHill
    2 years ago

I love Sherlock, I started reading hem after I watched the movie, I like the way it's written

• MademoiselleRed
    MademoiselleRed
    2 years ago

Sherlock Holmes is one of my favourites! I have a complete set of his cases, memoirs, adventures, short stories, and all the novels! And for the favourite story, mine is The Hound of the Baskervilles. Yeah, phosphorus. ;)

• BirdyEdwards
    BirdyEdwards
    2 years ago

547.gif

Just throwing this out there. x3

• Eryanseries
    Eryanseries
    2 years ago

the cases were ahead of their time and only a few are dated now. original and the best for sure!

Hound of the Baskervilles good but seen so many versions now that it's hard to garner anything new. Twisted Lip was brilliant (almost forgot that one) and I liked the ones that strayed from the path a little. there was one where he met an underworld associate in the park, had an arguement, the bloke was shot and he solved the case, but refused to reveal who did it.

• _writingbird
    _writingbird
    2 years ago

I was introduced to Sherlock Holmes in the sixth grade by my English teacher! We watched an old film version of The Hound of the Baskervilles on the last day of school and I adored it. I read the complete series over that summer, and even after a few years, I'd still say The Hound of the Baskervilles is still my favorite story written.

I've been watching the TV show since day one, too. I guess you can say I appreciate the books, movies, show, etc., as a whole.

• _BlackholeBliss
    _BlackholeBliss
    2 years ago

I only just started reading Sherlock Holmes, and is amazing. I love Sherlock's character. I was introduced via the BBC Version, and was insatantly in love with it. I picked up 'a study in scarllet' and was instantly hooked :)